Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JWT-Thanks for the info. The owner of a company I do business with invited me down to bowhunt this fall. I guess he hunts some farm land south of Medina. His business partner who doesn't hunt tells me they get some nice bucks. I am just looking to try an out of state hunt. Thanks

· Registered
2,201 Posts
Sorry I do not. Have been out as far as Jackson County.

· Registered
10,965 Posts
JWT-Thanks for the info. The owner of a company I do business with invited me down to bowhunt this fall. I guess he hunts some farm land south of Medina. His business partner who doesn't hunt tells me they get some nice bucks. I am just looking to try an out of state hunt. Thanks
you cant beat a FREE hunt and our license is only 125.00:thumbs_up

· Livin' in a van....
8,508 Posts
you can do alright for yourself in northern wayne/medina county. I was driving along last night just south of smithville and saw about 25 deer in a field 2 hours before dark. There's a guy on here, can't think of his name, but he owns a pretty big piece of land in medina (a more rural part) and i've seen some of his pics, trust me, there's deer there.

and yes, $150 is far too cheap for outta staters to hunt what we have

· Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info. guys. I wouldn't have a problem shooting a doe first. I wish Michigan would require that also. I have never hunted out of MI and just thought that this would be a good chance to try it. I haven't met this guy yet but his business partner that I deal with says he has some real nice bucks mounted that he took there in Medina or south of Medina. I am grateful just to have the opportunity to hunt there. I'm just pumping myself up and what better way than to see some photos of deer taken in the area that you will be hunting. Thanks again. Kurt

· Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$150.00 is a great price for a NR if you are a NR like myself. I would pay more for a NR tag in Ohio if I had to. I hope there is no hostility towards a NR bowhunter just looking for a new hunting experience. I am not expecting to just come down to Ohio and pay $150 and shoot a monster buck. I just want to try something different and this seems like a good opportunity to do so. Thanks

· Registered
2,845 Posts
you said it, maybe they should charge NR more so they can stop raising the residents prices.

and yes there is some good hunting in medina. ive seen some nice deer in that area.
As an out of stater with friends in Ohio I would have to agree with you there. I forget what it is but it was like $150 for me and not much less for my friend who lives in state to hunt Ohio. They could easily raise it to $200-$250 to hunt for out of state and I don't think out of staters would care.

· Registered
47 Posts
Never hunted there myself but I did meet a guy at a muskie fishing dinner last weekend that showed me the buck he killed this last season in medina co. If I remember correctly it was a 17 pt that I would guess scored around 140. Great lookin buck and Im sure it was not the only dandy buck runnin around in that county.

· Registered
11 Posts
Alot of farm land you ask. Well it a depends on where. You go places were farms are being bought up and developments are going in. But there is a farm between developments. Or in some places farms are all you see. I believe southern and western parts Medina county will be the most rural.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.