Archery Talk Forum banner

? for the arrow makers out there

463 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  pns
Whats the easiest way to take raps off of arrows?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
763 Posts
I just removed some the other day! Used a utility knife to scrape with and they peeled off real slick! I have heard a potato peeler will work also!! I then used acetone to remove any adhesive, rinse with water , and wipe with alcohol!! Reapplied new wraps and there are now waiting to be fletched!!!:shade:

· Registered
1,083 Posts
I fill a glass taller than my wraps with denatured alcohol, which is non-corrosive and will not damage your carbon shafts. Then I just stick my nock-less arrows in the glass for a few hours. They usually peel right off without any effort.

· Registered
6,069 Posts
I run hot tap water over them to soften up the glue and wrap, then peel them off. They usually come off whole and clean, depending on where your fletching glue hits the seam, if at all.

Once the wrap is off, I use goo gone to remove all glue residue, then 91% alcohol to clean before re-wrapping

Hope that helps

· Registered
12,018 Posts
I just removed some the other day! Used a utility knife to scrape with and they peeled off real slick! I have heard a potato peeler will work also!! I then used acetone to remove any adhesive, rinse with water , and wipe with alcohol!! Reapplied new wraps and there are now waiting to be fletched!!!:shade:
+1... but watch that blade angle.

· Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run hot tap water over them to soften up the glue and wrap, then peel them off. They usually come off whole and clean, depending on where your fletching glue hits the seam, if at all.

Once the wrap is off, I use goo gone to remove all glue residue, then 91% alcohol to clean before re-wrapping

Hope that helps
sounds good this I have to try

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.