Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel that bareshaft tuning is the best tune possible, that is coming from many years of different tuning methods, I have used over the years. For the guys interested in tuning their own equipment, would you be willing to pay for a service where I walk you through the whole process via text, or email, pics etc. All I would need are all your specs. Bow, arrow, centershot, pre lean if applicable, nock height and cam synch. Once the listed specs are given, as well as adjustments done accordingly if need be, a critical part to this would be pics of bareshafts and fletched at 10 and 20 yards, so we can make adjustments that might be needed.

Lastly would be patience, it's a must in a well balanced tune :).

Just curious if this might interest some of you ?

Thanks
Shane

·
bow nut
4,699 Posts
I would be interested. I can keep them together out to 20 but not beyond. I watched you bareshaft at 40 and just scratch my head.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Seems like a good idea. But might be a hassle also. You're banking on all DIY tuners to have presses draw boards and to be setup with correct draw length form etc. a lot of variables not trying to step on your toes it seems like a great idea and you definitely know what you're doing. But if someone is not set up with such equipment how would you help them?

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,102 Posts
I would. But here is my concern. Would you charge per week or lets say you will charge once and help me till the problem is fixed?

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I think you should be a nice guy and just offer advice for free. ;)

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like a good idea. But might be a hassle also. You're banking on all DIY tuners to have presses draw boards and to be setup with correct draw length form etc. a lot of variables not trying to step on your toes it seems like a great idea and you definitely know what you're doing. But if someone is not set up with such equipment how would you help them?
The only thing that would be required to have access to would be a press. Draw board would be nice but not a must. I can have a very good idea just by current nock height and bareshaft impact results to determine cam synch. Thanks for watching my back bro ! Just thought it would be nice to help the DIY guys in a more one on one manner. If I had someone with the knowledge when I started I would be so many more years ahead of the game. Just trying to help other be the best they can be in this sport.

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would. But here is my concern. Would you charge per week or lets say you will charge once and help me till the problem is fixed?
I would charge once until the problem is resolved. The idea is to get you to know the process and why the needed adjustments were made and how to read the results, so you can tackle it with confidence in the future.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
The only thing that would be required to have access to would be a press. Draw board would be nice but not a must. I can have a very good idea just by current nock height and bareshaft impact results to determine cam synch. Thanks for watching my back bro ! Just thought it would be nice to help the DIY guys in a more one on one manner. If I had someone with the knowledge when I started I would be so many more years ahead of the game. Just trying to help other be the best they can be in this sport.
I think it's awesome what you're trying to do and some people don't have shops close so what I thinking you're trying to do is an awesome thing by helping other archers! Website is looking good by the way! I bet a lot of people will benefit from this.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Let me preface by saying I mean no disrespect to you in any way, shape, or form. I'm a devil's advocate kind of guy.

So, what exactly is it that you would be providing that can't already be read on these forums? I mean tmorelli's hybrid cam tuning tips at the top of the PSE forum is some pure AT gold. What above and beyond that would your new service provide?

I suppose with your experience, you may be able to prevent someone from chasing their tail a bit.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I would be interested. I can keep them together out to 20 but not beyond. I watched you bareshaft at 40 and just scratch my head.
Trick photography I think!! JK Shane!!

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let me preface by saying I mean no disrespect to you in any way, shape, or form. I'm a devil's advocate kind of guy.

So, what exactly is it that you would be providing that can't already be read on these forums? I mean tmorelli's hybrid cam tuning tips at the top of the PSE forum is some pure AT gold. What above and beyond that would your new service provide?

I suppose with your experience, you may be able to prevent someone from chasing their tail a bit.
Maybe nothing to some, who knows. I am always amazed at how many I already have helped directly in this manner and they always had archery talk to help them.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
Shane, you have helped me and walked me through this process many times for free. I appreciate all the help and advice you have given me. I would gladly pay for your services.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Maybe nothing to some, who knows. I am always amazed at how many I already have helped directly in this manner and they always had archery talk to help them.
Fair enough. I could see how some people may not be able to read about how to do something, but being talked through it, it suddenly become clear. I know that as I muddled through some of this stuff on my own, I have had to reread things several times, and then often still messed it up. :) I also had the benefit of getting a tune done by Baldy in person before he backed off of that. That was probably the best any of my bows have ever shot.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I'd be interested in how you proceed with your bare shaft tuning just to compare it to what I do when I bare shaft tune a bow
It's always interesting to see the different ways to skin a cat ! :wink:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
It would be cool, and as someone who is just buying a press and wanting to learn more about tuning it would be a great resource... I would just be worried about you being able to keep up, and deal with all the people that may end up hounding you endlessly because it's still not right...

Trust me, as a manager in my own field I know, it can be very hard to explain to someone else what to you may seem like nothing more than common sense and very simple.. I think you would go nuts...lol

Besides that, I think people are to impatient to deal with that kind of service. When I decide to go work on my bow, I want to work on my bow right then.... what if your not available to go back and fourth with me for 2 hours right then. I'm just suppose to say never mind and hang my bow on the wall until you call and are ready.

Next, how do you come up with a price that works for both the guy who takes 20 minutes, and the guy who takes half a day because he just got a bow and can't shoot consistently anyway.

I would think you would do better by creating a step by step detailed dvd, or download video that people could use as they saw fit, and on their own time, no matter how time they need.. Granted there are a lot of youtube videos for this stuff already, but if you really took the time to cover things thoroughly you would set yourself apart from 99% of them...

1 - 20 of 113 Posts