Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to update my 2002 magnatec. It has the old 2 cam system. Could I go to a cam 1/2 plus? Can I go to any other cam? How would I get accurate string leghths? Is this just a dumb idea or could I get more performance out of the bow?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I can't help, but...........

I am looking to update my 2002 magnatec. It has the old 2 cam system. Could I go to a cam 1/2 plus? Can I go to any other cam? How would I get accurate string leghths? Is this just a dumb idea or could I get more performance out of the bow?
There are a bunch of Hoyt folks on here that may be able to help you. There is a lot going on when you try to put cams on a bow that were not originally designed for the bow. It could become a real can of worms.

You may want to try contacting Hoyts Technical dept for some help with this one. Then again they may not want to help you because of warrenty and liability issues.

Good luck......If all else fails you could PM Bordeaux1, Hoyt is his equipment of choice and if he knows he will be gald to help you out.:wink:

SLash

·
Back Yard Champion
29,701 Posts
I believe you can. I had my 2002 UltraTec fitted with the cam & 1/2 system years back. I sent it to Hoyt and did all the work and sent it back to me. Shot great.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
new cams= $100.00
strings= $50.00 +

save your money or sell it, and put it towards a new one. plus the flex is different, so the poundage may change not giving you anything. had a friend with a magna tec years ago shooting 300 fps. need to just tweeeeek it

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Why ?

Why do you want to change your cams? The CommandCam+ is the best dual cam Hoyt ever made. Unless the bushings are wore out or you're changing drawlength, you won't gain any thing.

I'm looking for a set of #3's my self. It really is a great cam. Try a good set of strings on it, it will be like a brand new bow!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Had afriend put cam and 1/2's on his and it uped his poundage to like81#- it was 70# limbs!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts