Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi Nytra;

As you can probably tell from my username, we are in the same boat. I held a bow for the first time this past May. I do have the luxury of having my best friend, who has been bow hunting and shooting 3-D for many years now, helping me along. Even though he is a few hundred miles away, I can still just pick up the phone and get some technical advice. Anyhow, I would also suggest getting chummy with the folks at your local archery shop and also got o a 3-D range, you will find that most people are more than happy to help a newbie out. For my first bow, I went on the advice of my friend and got a PSE "The Beast". They have a lot of advantages for beginners such as entry level pricing, good packages and their entry level bows are very forgiving. I have been practicing in my back yard and occasionally at the range since May and have shot one 3-D tournament and I feel confident now that I am ready to hunt. I am tuning in with my broadheads now and have even moved up to carbon arrows. Once you start, you will be amazed at how much you can learn if you want to, this site has been especially helpful to me too! All I can say is visit your shop, spend some time at the range talking to people, don't be concerned with any particular brand for now, until you find out what you like and want, keep it fun, and don't be afraid to ask any question, there are no stupid questions. Three months ago, I didn't even know how to hold my bow! Good luck, hope to hear about your progress!!!:D :D :D

Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts