Archery Talk Forum banner

For the non adult arrow shooters

3665 63
Cuisine Food Animal product Dish Beef

Carnivore Terrestrial animal Snout Dog breed Soil

Ingredient Cuisine Dish Animal product Recipe
515 grain arrow 15 yds with iron will wide 100 grain up front. Glanced shoulder bone structure on entry broke through knee knuckle on exist. Full pass through. You don’t need to shoot rebar to kill hogs.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
out of an 80 pound 360fps ibo bow
According to the people that are the global leading authority in arrow lethality it doesn’t matter what you shoot that 650gr out of to include low draw weight trad bows it will break bone. So fake news again. No reason to ever shoot high draw weight. Hehe

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Not even possible!!!! I saw online that u can’t do this lol nice kill man

·
Registered
192 Posts
It might not have been an adult arrow but it's definitely pg-13, and probably closer to nc-17. Aren't they something like rule #1 structural integrity (in part, having your fixed blade), rule #2 straight arrow flight? That tanto-esque tip on those 2 blade fixed broadheads you shot probably help with deflection I would imagine.

How big is that little guy? He looks tasty. Maybe spit roasted or cook him in the ground.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What are you trying to say? Your arrow falls in the heavy category in my accounting,just not on the super heavy side. Medium is somewhere from 400 to 475 and under 400 is light.
I am on the heavier side of the middle which I would say is 450. But going off what ranch fairy people say and there game/arrow weight chart I am shooting light arrows.

·
Registered
PSE Brute NXT, Gold Tip Hunter XT, Slick Trick Standard, NAP Killzone, “O.G.” Rage and Trypan
340 Posts
I don’t have any experience to say what is a good arrow but I’ve watched about a million YouTube videos. 515 grains with a iron will head on there puts your arrow solidly inside the Ranch Fairy wheelhouse. You literally proved his point with that one.

·
The Impartial Archer
24,372 Posts
This post still makes the light & fast crowd furious. How dare you sacrifice fps for better penetration & fixed heads!!!
That's what I was thinking..........most of the light arrow guys with throw you right in there with the RF..........with a 515 grain arrow...........lol

You only need 375 grains to kill anything in NA, man :rolleyes:.............then you have the other side that wants a 650..............or you are a kid I guess.....in the adult world? I really like an arrow that's about 485 - 525 for me.

That said I'm pretty average on my setup.....no 31 inch DL or 80 pound bow but not a 26 inch DL at 50 either.......that kinda' matters too when you do all the math.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
My son killed this buck on saturday.It was walking up a steep gully and quartering to him so the shot was steep at 25 yards.He knicked the bottom of the scapula,hit one lung,the liver and it exited low in the guts.The deer ran maybe 60 yards,stopped,wobbled and dropped over.He shot it with a tiny 1" slick trick standard with a womens grad GT XT 340 at about 295fps.You don't have to throw an axe through them and you don't have to toss a log at them.
Plant Hunting Plant community Tree Wood

1 - 20 of 64 Posts