Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(not including paid hunts, just private and/or public land) were these deer you had prior knowledge of (through scouting ect.)already being in the area or did they show up from nowhere?

No real reason I'm asking, just wondering.

·
Registered
44 Posts
on my farm in arkansas ive known about them. on the farm i lease in missouri i killed one opening day last year that just showed up

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have 3. Saw each of them for the first time when I shot them. less than 2 minutes tops each.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The one I have taken I got on a trail cam. Have had others on my cams but have not gotten close enough to get a shot.

OlGord

·
Registered
869 Posts
Last year, I had 3 bucks on my farm that I knew of that were in the 140's. Early in the season, I killed a 157" that I had never seen before.

Brian

·
Registered
425 Posts
i saw my 183 first on sep. 2nd saw him 4 more times and killed him nov 15, my 167 i saw 3 time once on a thursday in my back yard and then shot him on sunday 1 mile away.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Last years was 154-ish! Never met him before! It's the 170+ guys I have seen that will not shake hands with me!!!:wink: Have one clean typical that will go 180 with a 12" kicker off his main beam that likes to be seen ! But will not commit!!! We met at a distance a few times!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Of my 7, 3 had very small ranges and I had several encounters before they goofed up. Usually close the deal on these patternable type deer with seemingly small ranges, right when breeding kicks off and again around thanksgiving to Dec 1. in the midwest.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
I have way more on camera than on the wall.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
the deer I shot was not on the camera. however, the deer was seen on occasion a few times living in a hedge row with a smaller buck. the only way we know this is both my deer and the hedgerow buck had lots of stickers and kickers and no one has seen the hedgerow buck since I shot mine ;)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i live in TN and have never hunted in any other state so i have never even seen a 140" buck.

seriously...... i can't wait to go to Ohio next year.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts