Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be setting up a strictly target bow hopefully pretty soon. It will primarily be an outdoor 3d bow, but i can't rule out the occasional indoor tournaments. I really like the idea of the hooded peeps (hamskea, peep n tom, specialty with the shrink wrap), but am worried how they will act on a cloudy gloomy day. Do any of you have any problems in these conditions? The target specific type of equipment is new to me. I'm trying to do as much research and learning as I can before I start spending the money. Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have shot all 3 of them. And I like the hamskea the most.

·
Registered
18,315 Posts
Been using a hooded peep for 40+ years & have never had a problem, for the last 12 years Speciality Archery Super Ball peep.

·
Registered
18,315 Posts
Low light is from aperture size not from the hood on the peep.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Agree with Kballer the aperture size has the most to do with light transmission but lens quality also plays a part...better quality lens will transmit more light.
And the Hamskea lens are excellent in that regard...I get more light transmission from the Hamskea including the hood then I did with a Spec peep with no hood (same aperture size).
In addition the lens quality being better gave me much better clarity and I was able to go to the next bigger aperture size and still have a crisp target image (no blurring). Even more light transmission.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank y'all very much. Sounds like I am worried about nothing. I really like the hamskea. Looks like that's what I'll go with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts