Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can chose one climber which would it be and why. I want a great sturdy climber that is easy to work and will last !

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I have a summit viper ss with no regrets I am almost positive I will never have to buy another limber. If I do buy another it will be only because I want to and it will be another summit.

·
Registered
897 Posts
summit yet again. im not too sure which model i have to be honest. i got it from a neighbor and cant remember but they make awesome stands.
theyre sturdy and really bite into the tree. i can sit for hours and be perfectly comfortable.....even good for a nap every now and again lol
my dad hunts out of a API. its super comfortable as well but it doesnt bite into the tree like my summit does.
i personally feel safer in my summit and dont plan on changing brands any time soon!

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Summit 180 for me. You have more room in it and you can face the tree or away from it in rifle.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
Summit Titan, I love the room:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Summit 180. I like to use it facing the tree and use the tree to help break up my outline. It's a great stand to take a nap in. It's just a little on the bulky side if you have to carry it very far.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
But a Summit

I have a Viper extreme and its the most easiest and quietiest climber ever owned

·
Registered
831 Posts
If you can chose one climber which would it be and why. I want a great sturdy climber that is easy to work and will last !
Sound like you are looking for a treewalker.
Nothing beats the treewalker when it comes to gripping the tree.
For a climber its light
It packs well, put one section on the other then put it on your back. No folding seat no adding straps to keep the stands together.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Another vote for the summit viper..... been hunting from one for 3yrs now and love it, have had a new stand every year before this and always found a reason I wanted something different.... no need now, just want another!!!

Steve

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have been using a summit viper for the last 3 years and it is the most comfortable stand I have ever used. The only negitive is that it takes up alot of room in the truck.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
summit 180, very light and esay to pack in. i bought the foot rest and the bigger seat for it and it made it 100%better than what it was!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Treewalker, hands down
light
roomy and comfy all day stand
easy climbing built in foot stirrups
quiet
grips tree like no other
goes around bigger trees
no bungees to pack it out holding it together
USA made
ownership that I met at show several years ago was top notch
Everything they claim is true and then some.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I prefer te API stands myself. I owned a Summit also but prefer the API. The round cable on the Summit allows the seat section to slip easier than the API. Nothing worse than bumping the seat while standing and having it fall. Both are very good stands.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have a Summit and API and have played with the LW. If I was starting from scratch I would try a Treewalker. I just can't get one locally.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
I got away from Summit and am now using Millennium M1 climber and Lone Wolf climbers. The Lone Wolf is good for a 4 to 5 hour hunt but if I am going all day I am taking the Millennium tree stand. Don't overlook Millennium, they are more comfortable than a Summit in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts