Archery Talk Forum banner

What is your favorite time of year to hunt whitetail deer?

For those who live where it snows.

978 Views 26 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  saskguy
What time of year is your favorite to hunt for whitetail deer?
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
I like hunting late season with snow on the ground. I chose winter.

· Registered
132 Posts
Season here ends before Winter really begins, but the little bit of snow tracking I've done during the Muzzle loader season is always fun. Winter is my favorite time of year in general.
:darkbeer:

· have bow-will travel
3,997 Posts
Early-rut, First two weeks of Nov. usually some light snow in my area. Late season would be my second choice, do have some sightings but deer spookier, need the 7mm-08 for these.

· Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My personal favorite is winter. There is little hunting pressure, and I enjoy the scenery. I also find it much easier to spot deer in the snow. Also, there aren't any bugs - mosquitos in particular:darkbeer:

· Registered
1,965 Posts
I prefer hunting in snow, but wish we could get about 8 inches of snow during early November instead of December. Since most years there is no snow in early Nov.

· Registered
2,477 Posts
november and december. love blood trailing in the snow!!! (unless it's snowing hard)

· How`s it going eh?
4,083 Posts
Around here the best hunting is november and snow on the ground so I will call it winter but by far my favorite is when the leaves are changing color and there is ducks and geese in the air.Absolutely gorgeous when the mornings are crisp but not actually freezing!!

· Registered
5,106 Posts
December used to be the best hunting here in Michigan. That was before they put in late firearm seasons and MLs became the new centerfire rifle. December hunting here is pretty much a joke now, but it is still my favorite time in the woods.
Dan

· Registered
5,351 Posts
All of the above!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.