Archery Talk Forum banner

For those who shoot FOB's . . . . .

487 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  bigram
I have a question. I shoot an Elite GT500 with a Limb Driver and Axis FMJ's.

I would like to try and shoot some FOB's with this setup, but I remember trying it on my Elite GTO just for kicks, and evidently the FOB hit the rest because it launched the arrow :confused:

So I was just wondering if there was anything in particular that I need to do prior to shooting an FOB outfitted Axis? How do I make sure that my Limb Driver is going to get the heck out of the way? Thanks.

Tater
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,548 Posts
There is some very specific instructions for setting up a limbdriver rest to shoot fob's in the big fob's vs vanes post in the general archery section or you could just send Paul Morris a P.M. and he will hook you up. Once you get them to shoot through your setup you will love them.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
i shoot a katera with limbdriver and carbon express maximas with fobs and have no problems. i recommend putting the bracket as close to the cam as possible, this will raise the rest up as high as possible and allow for the most clearance.

· Registered
19,079 Posts
You set the limb driver for FOBS just like you would with any other fletched arrow:). It is all in the the launcher tension:wink:. Set the launcher tension by nocking an arrow. Than hold the arrow on the launcher, and push it down onto the arrow shelf. Let the launcher and arrow rise up by releasing your fingers.. The arrow should ride up on the launcher and not jump, or lose contact with it. Once you got this adjusted tighten the limb cord and start shooting, and your clearance issues with FOBS should be solved. I eye ball center shot, and set nocking pt height just like with any other fletched arrow.

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Thanks for the input guys! All the right stuff.

Just a few things to add....

Important to know where the hit was. On the rest base? top of the forks, or the arrow holder? Where the FOB hits will tell you a lot.

First place to start is make sure you have the rest adjusted so it provides enough lift to in effect have enough drop. You should have about 3/16 or more clearance over the rest (and arrow holder) using the tester FOB. This will require you to remove the pull cord so yo can check clearance (being able to raise and lower the fork by hand with an arrow nocked on the string).

Second, when attaching the cord I would put just enough pull on the cord so the rest drops completely down but no more. The least amount of tension on the cable will provide a slightly quicker drop.

If that does not solve the problem let us know. The next step would be to check cam timing to make sure you are not getting un-even nock travel.

Here is my write up on the LD rest..

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=642977

One thing to note.....Even if you end up not liking the FOBs, having your bow set up to be able to shoot them assures you zero vane contact, proper rest and cam timing and a super tuned bow!

We will get thing working! Do not give up. Lots of folks here including me to help.

Regards,

· Tater's Archery Solutions
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Paul. I have read your write up on the LD. I will have to check my tension.

I know it could not have been the arrow holder as I did not have it on the shelf. I want to give them another try, I tried them once for a bit, but couldn't get used to the feel of them touching my face, just a small conflict in the way I anchor.

Thanks everyone,

Tater

· Registered
1,395 Posts
i shoot a katera with limbdriver and carbon express maximas with fobs and have no problems. i recommend putting the bracket as close to the cam as possible, this will raise the rest up as high as possible and allow for the most clearance.
I was having a clearance issue and contacted Vapor Trail. I think I spoke with Jarrod?? Anyway, the person I spoke with indicated the opposite was true.

Also, my biggest issue arose from having put a small piece of rubber tubing on the stop peg on the side of the rest. I would NOT recommend doing this. Once removed, I didn't notice it being any louder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.