Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of arrows/fletching do you use and prefer, because I like the rest, but recently I have been noticing that it is having an impact on the fletching -- it's getting wrinkled...any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
After wrinkling up the factory fletching on my ICS Hunters when I installed my WB, I fletched some with blazers, and some with feathers. Both are doing fine, but the Blazers slow the arrow more than the feathers through the biscuit. I've chrono'd both. I'm sure it's because the feathers will push down flat against the shaft, and the Blazers have to push through the biscuit.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Do a search on "whisker" or "biscuit"; there are oodles of threads on this subject.

I, along with others, like VaneTec vanes with the WB. Another popular choice is the previously mentioned Blazer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Easton Axis arrows with Blazers. I think the Blazers are a stiffer material and hold up better thru the whiskers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wb323 said:
What kind of arrows/fletching do you use and prefer, because I like the rest, but recently I have been noticing that it is having an impact on the fletching -- it's getting wrinkled...any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Use feathers not plastic, WB will wrinkle plastic

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Bohning Fletch Tite of Killer veins.

·
Registered
437 Posts
when i used to shoot a wb, i used vanes and shot them cock feather up, and had no problems :wink:

·
Registered
437 Posts
if you use feathers they come out looking like you mowed your yard with a bent blade, but they still fly great even after you shave them down while shooting broadheads :shade:

·
Registered
701 Posts
"they come out looking like you mowed your yard with a bent blade"

You know, I've seen that yard!

Great analogy :smile:

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I have used the Whisker Biscuit since they first came out and had problems with the factory vanes, after swithching to AAE Speed Flytes I do not have any more curling. The Speed Flyte are a little costly so the next time I reflech I think it will be with Blazers or Vane Tech.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
RobVos said:
I use GoldTip arrows with Flex-fletch FLP vanes with an aluminum sized hole in the WB. Zero speed loss and the vanes stay just perfect. :shade:
The difference has got to be the hole size. I shot three with Blazers, and three with feathers, and the blazers were a little over 3fps slower, not that 3fps is really worth discussing. I plan to hunt with the Blazers.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Got to get vanetec vanes, they are the most durable Ive ever shot.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Blazers hold up well for me, just don't use quick spins, they wrinkle up in a hurry.

·
southern traditions
4,993 Posts
i use the aae plastifletch elitevanes and have no problems.goldtip arrows.the wrinkle in your fletching will not hurt your accuracy just looks ugly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts