Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elk we saw today out looking for the elusive spring black bear. The last pic shows that this little guy growing some antlers...Yeah!

There were about 50+ in this herd and I counted 5 that had antler growth.

I know that this will only make Trophyhill more antsy for elk season!
Colette

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I would call that the "Jewel Game Refuge" hey...

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
I used to love that place!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Elk we saw today out looking for the elusive spring black bear. The last pic shows that this little guy growing some antlers...Yeah!

There were about 50+ in this herd and I counted 5 that had antler growth.

I know that this will only make Trophyhill more antsy for elk season!
Colette

lol, thanks alot Colette. yeah i could see myself sneakin through the timber and getting in on that herd lol. it looks like to me that you are getting just a tad antsy too! you are finding some great areas to hunt elk during the offseason this year. are these areas that you will go back to in sept?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, thanks alot Colette. yeah i could see myself sneakin through the timber and getting in on that herd lol. it looks like to me that you are getting just a tad antsy too! you are finding some great areas to hunt elk during the offseason this year. are these areas that you will go back to in sept?
Nope, can not hunt here. This spot is actually a wildlife refuge. There is area above there open to hunting except during elk they close the access to the public.

I did find an arrow embedded in a tree up there, so I would hope someone was just deer hunting and not elk hunting.

I just know how you like to see elk, same as I do. I enjoy seeing them whether they can be hunted or not.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
ok ltbh, thats it. i am gonna make a trip to one of my hunting areas the first weekend of June and taking my camera. hopefully i can get some pics of some elk so i can make you a little antsy.:wink:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Nice pics. I love seeing good sized herds of elk I went out yesterday and saw 2 herds with about 30 head in them. and a nice little black bear. it was a great day to be in the mountains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts