Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pops is in the market for a new crossbow. He is almost 70 and can't shoot a compound bow anymore cause of a shoulder injury. Living in Ca, we know nothing about them so I was looking for some advice on brands of crossbows he should look at as well as brands he should stay away from! Any help would be great.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Ten point
Ravin
Mission
Scypord
Excalibur

To name a few

·
Registered
354 Posts
I don't really know much about crossbows but my dad has a ten point he got for himself when he couldn't draw his bow anymore and he really likes it.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Also need to know if your dad wants a crank or rope crocker.

·
Banned
2,099 Posts
Depending if he wants a cocking system sort of depends on what brand.

When I was recovering from my neck injury I went cross bow shooting and shopping! After many days and trips I finally found the one, I just knew it once I pulled the trigger it was a Stryker Solution ls 390, it was easy to cock, it was super quite, super fast, almost vibe free, and deadly accurate to 100 yards. I sold it to a dear friend this year.

·
Vendor
25,438 Posts
I love my Scorpyd.
All Titanium fasteners so no rusting. The reverse draw gives more speed and power at less draw weight because of the length of the power stroke. Because of the reverse draw and the riser being on backwards it is perfectly balanced in the hand. It has arguably the best trigger on the market which is very important, especially shooting off hand out of a treestand. At 100lbs draw weight, mine shoots a 400 gr arrow 360fps.:secret:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can I pose an alternative? Crossbows are definitely an option, but they're heavy!

In NYS, if you are physically incapable of drawing and holding a bow at full draw, you are allowed to use a draw-lock device. This essentially gives you the features that your dad is looking for from a crossbow and puts it on HIS compound bow - no extra weight, no worries about limitations that your state may place on crossbow hunters, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts