Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear have any experience with the Surgeon bow and Forge bows in general? If so what do you
think of them pro and con? Thanks

·
edthearcher
6,509 Posts
forge bows are made in wisconsin it is a very small bow company like a one man operation. but over the years they have a small following. try the brand section of archery talk you may find out more there

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I owned a Forge Ventilator 34. It had the same quality as any of the big names flagship bows, at 2/3 the price. Whenever I needed a tune up or strings replaced, I would take the bow directly to Forge. They are only 45 minute drive for me. The owner, Steve, would spend as much time as needed, to make sure that bow shot great.
The Ventilator model had a cam with a very shallow valley, which after destroying my proximal long bicep tendon and having it fixed, I had trouble holding draw. That is the reason I sold it and went to a Prime with a PCXL cam.
I do not have any experience with the Surgeon model, but I am sure it is very well built. If you are seriously looking at owning it, shoot it against similar models of other brands. It will hold its own in comparison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts