Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, its my turn, lemme know whatcha think... I think I have an issue with at least one thing but im not certain so ill ask you guys:shade:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know I know... im leaning down too just realized...

oh, and try to not acknowledge the gut too much:mg:

·
Registered
341 Posts
$.02...I think you need to open up your stance a tad, and bend your bow arm about 5-6* it's to straight, it will take a lot of pull-push out of your grip and shock out of the bow, and looks like your leaning forward a little..just from what I have been told about myself from a Champion Hunter..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alright guys, its my turn, lemme know whatcha think... I think I have an issue with at least one thing but im not certain so ill ask you guys:shade:
Since you asked, I think your elbow is too high, I think it should be on the same line as your hands.

·
Registered
341 Posts
the only thing if you bend your Bow arm, Your DL might be to long then...Hey my Gut keeps me more Planted on High wind day on my yard...:shade:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I would suggest straightening out your spine. Spread your feet apart about shoulder width and stand perfectly vertical keeping your spine straight up and down from the top of your head to the bottom of your man muscle. Then, take another pic and repost. Your head is tilted a bit forward too, You need to keep your head placement in line with your spine.

·
Registered
49,217 Posts
I would suggest straightening out your spine. Spread your feet apart about shoulder width and stand perfectly vertical keeping your spine straight up and down from the top of your head to the bottom of your man muscle. Then, take another pic and repost. Your head is tilted a bit forward too, You need to keep your head placement in line with your spine.
Same thing I would say. By the way the reason your leaning into the string/bow so much is your peep is too low need to raise it. Becuse it is low your leaning into it to see through it.:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yea, the forearm needs to be lined up with the arrow. Try dropping your elbow, and let go of your release, your release hand should be free of tension and all the DW should be in the wrist.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many of you have probably noticed me posting form advice in other people's threads... Im gonna give you all a bit of a clue as to the idea of this thread, I want this to be a learning thread for some people in judging form...

I have intentionally made this bow look like it is "about right" for me, although it is not mine at all...(good call on the peep height Dale:darkbeer:)

I would like to continue to keep hearing peoples honest suggestions as if I had not told you that I was not truly asking for help;)

I just dont want people to get mad or offended when I post the true pic of me and this bow:darkbeer: I hope this post doesnt come off as arrogant, but more so as a lesson on how many factors of form cannot be recognized by most with a 2d picture...

Derek

·
SuperToon'd
11,558 Posts
My question is this......what if I shoot real tight groups out to 40 yards and I post a how's my form thread and get different responses should I change anything?

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My question is this......what if I shoot real tight groups out to 40 yards and I post a how's my form thread and get different responses should I change anything?
So long as you have truly tried different types of form etc... than id go with what was not the norm. My form is not perfect either, and its a constant progress.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Are your eyes closed????????

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Many of you have probably noticed me posting form advice in other people's threads... Im gonna give you all a bit of a clue as to the idea of this thread, I want this to be a learning thread for some people in judging form...

I have intentionally made this bow look like it is "about right" for me, although it is not mine at all...(good call on the peep height Dale:darkbeer:)

I would like to continue to keep hearing peoples honest suggestions as if I had not told you that I was not truly asking for help;)

I just dont want people to get mad or offended when I post the true pic of me and this bow:darkbeer: I hope this post doesnt come off as arrogant, but more so as a lesson on how many factors of form cannot be recognized by most with a 2d picture...

Derek
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger in the "Gut" department. It's been a long winter in the High Desert for me.

·
SuperToon'd
11,558 Posts
So long as you have truly tried different types of form etc... than id go with what was not the norm. My form is not perfect either, and its a constant progress.
the only thing I play with is my grip. I'm afraid to change too much , as what I do actually works quite well for me.

·
wannabtradguy
15,318 Posts
Draw length is too long. If you hunt and shoot from a sitting position that will magnify it. I'd shorten the draw and bend your elbow a little. Bow arm looks like its stretched to the max just so you can hold at full draw.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
As far as feet go, it's hit and miss for me. Somedays an open stance is great and some days no. I don't worry about it though. I seem to practice more on a deer stand platform. That way, I know where the edges are....:shade:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts