Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I've been out of archery for a few years and am just know coming back. Take a look at my form pic and let me know if its ok...I cropped/zoomed it just so every pertient thing is easier to see. The bow is a PSE Bow Madness. Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
You've got a little bit much palm in the grip imo, and it appears that your shoulders are pretty open and could be closed a little more. Drawlength looks pretty good and I think your bow elbow/shoulder look pretty solid as well.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why? There is no "back side" lean...every thing thats pertanient is in the photo...as far as bow fit...

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Did it work for you before you took your break? is it comfortable and consistant with as little muscle groups involved?

not everyone fits into a text book form shape.

trying to fit yourself into what everyone tells you to do can really mess with your head and create some even more frustrating issues.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
trying to fit yourself into what everyone tells you to do can really mess with your head and create some even more frustrating issues.
Exactly. If your shooting well, keep it that way.

Your just going to hear a ton of things thrown out that all can't be true and your just gonna get confused!!!!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Looks pretty good.

As long as it feels comfortable where its at now, I wouldn't change anything.

On a side note, I grew up in El Pasco, WA.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I suppose I'll leave it...it's just that I never really had any good teachers!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
186 Posts
have you ever looked at any of the pro's shooting forms. They are all different. Someone can shoot great with bad form and others can have great form and shoot bad. If it is comfortable for you and you shoot great, leave it. Try standing on one foot/ turn hat sideways/ untie left shoelace/ put a golf tee behind your left ear. hahaha

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
have you ever looked at any of the pro's shooting forms. They are all different. Someone can shoot great with bad form and others can have great form and shoot bad. If it is comfortable for you and you shoot great, leave it. Try standing on one foot/ turn hat sideways/ untie left shoelace/ put a golf tee behind your left ear. hahaha
Indeed I have they look like the above picture. :teeth:

-All the pro's are different yes, but the majority have certain form similarities that creates a stable shooting platform.

-I don't buy into this if you shoot good leave it stuff. Unless you are knocking out target championships left and right there are "always" improvements. Think the pros aren't always working on a segment of their "game"? Think again.

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
It looks solid to me, I do think you're a little deep on the grip for consistency.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks solid to me, I do think you're a little deep on the grip for consistency.
Thanks.

Grip is solid...played with it some with my switch from Martin to PSE...palm contacts on the "lifeline" and really only the thumb and pointer finger contact the bow.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you are trying to be a pro go get a coach. Just remember who you are asking.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts