Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took some pics so I could fix my problem areas. I learned alot just from looking at them. But now I want to know what your opinon is and how to fix them. Have at it.

ARCHERY 1 NO COMMENTS NEEDED!!!!

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pic #3

Attachments

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Looks Solid!!

Everything looks good to me. Well, except for the Hoyt:D Naw, really, from the angles and lighting, there isn' anything apparent. If you're having any troubles with anything, maybe muscle tension could be the culprit.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pic #4

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
is your DL to short looks like your elbow need to go arond some more but i am not one to go by need pic from behid you

runawaysXs

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pic #5

Attachments

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Are there any problems you feel you want addressed in particular?

·
Registered
719 Posts
it looks like your DL is short can you get a pic from behind you

runawaysXs

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
why not comments from me?
anyways, nice bow!!
your form looks really good, you may be leaning your head, but other than that, looks great!! go drill them x's!!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
i am not a pro at this, but it looks to me like you have your left elbow locked as well. i believe it is suppossed to be slightly relaxed. i have found you are a lot less likely to get bitten by the string if you flex your elbow a little as well.

-matt

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pic #6

Because you don't know what you are talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
WOW that is not so i was postting way you were

runawaysXs LOL

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
yeah , i kinda do :mad: but why are we arguing? forget it. you are leaning back , try to stand straight up.

·
Registered
719 Posts
after getting the same coment about stading up staright it was not that i was not up my hips where out of plice i was kicking tham foreward if you now what i.m saying

runawasXs

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
The rear portion of your shot looks good. When it gets into the core of your shot like your head. From a picture I can see that your head is not erect, which means you are either used to having your head in that position during the shot, or you are moving your head into that position during the set up.

Sometimes a shot needs to be thought about from the core of the body out. Starting with standing up straight. I hope you have extra drawlength on that cam because you are going to need it.

Your set up looks fairly squashed, what I mean by squashed is that your bow arm could be extended more. Your body should be allowed to expand through a shot. Into the line of force of the arrow, rather then the sight.

The first thing I would say you should work on is getting a more erect stance. I myself need longer modules for my compound because my drawlength is to short and after I've drawn I have to settle by head into the string.

You do have a fierce competetive look and that alone could make you a pro.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
Sometimes a shot needs to be thought about from the core of the body out. Starting with standing up straight.

Merlin i like that it say a hole lot

runawaysXs:D

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the help so far guys

mattellis2 My elbow isn't locked it does look like it but it is relaxed but straight. I have shot like that for a while and I learned from watching tapes of Dave C. and reading but thanks.

runawaysXs I think I know what you are talking about with the hips. That is my big problem. Trying to figure out how to stand up straight.

I don't like the way my front shoulder looks. To me it looks and feels wrong. My draw length feels good. But Nino said lastnight that it looked short and after looking at the pics it does to me to. I thought all summer that my elbow was to high. But I don't know. I am comfortable but I am not. Know what I mean.

·
Registered
719 Posts
what i did is to get my wife to tell me where my hips where at avery draw for about 2 hours this did get me to say where i was in place LOL she like telling me how to stand up LOL

runawasXs:D

·
Registered
304 Posts
hornet who was that lookin out the window ?man i hope you don't miss much that could cost ya (Brick wall) a lot just try to pull them out of there .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts