Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tony Warden? He has been coming to our sportsmens club the last few weeks to shoot spots. Today I talked with him a little bit and he told me he used to shoot pro and has won a few world titles. He didn't mention what format. He said he has been out of archery for 10 years and wants to get back into it. He seems like an alright guy and can definitely shoot good, especially for getting back into it. Just curious if any one has heard of him or if he was indeed a pro. Where would you find a list of "pro" archers anyway?

S

·
0 Posts
I know Tony shot with him a few times, don't know of any world tiles,maybe gone to a couple but nothing on any books for wins in IFAA/FITA shoots.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sean. I figured you'd see this and would know him. Seems like an alright guy, just curious why he'd say that?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Before you jump to any conclusions, remember that in many tournaments the winner is referred to as a national champion. It's not uncommon to have an unknown win one of these, especially if he's hasn't been doing any shooting in over 10 years. That was before the internet became so popular and many people didn't follow it as closely. I'm not trying to defend anybody-just pointing a few things out.

S

·
0 Posts
No real conclusions to jump to, I have a list of Canadian National winners and IFAA Pro winners from the early 70's, Fita Worlds are easy to look up. Canada doesn't have the multitudes of organisations claiming national status so it makes record keeping alittle easier, but point taken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts