Archery Talk Forum banner

Found a pretty good rub line, opinions please

555 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  goatranch
About two weeks ago I found 11 rubs in about an acre on a creek bottom. I know the area well and figured the deer was going up on this flat out to some crp fields. Well, I went up top today on the flat and I found an additional 15 rubs at least and they go right down to where the other rubs come across the stream. I believe I know and have seen the buck that has made them, but I feel that it is just too frickin hot to get in there today (as tomorrow is suppose to bring a cool front in and Friday is suppose to be 60 unlike it is right now, 70 degrees and muggy). Basically, I'm thinking of going in there on Friday after the front comes through (can't hunt tomorrow) and giving it a go. I figure it would be wise after walking around in shorts to let the area de stink as well. Thoughts, opinions??
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,136 Posts
Get in there as soon as the wind is right, dont wait or itll be to late. there just starting to think about being love sick, you better killem before he falls in love.

Early season is all about getting aggresive, when you got one pattarned, dont give him time to change.

Oh one last thing, no more scouting, as bad as you wanna go in there and count how many fresh rubs he has made, you better stay out til you plan to climb a tree.

· Registered
2,834 Posts
My opinion is I have never had success in hunting rubs alone. Scrapes...yes. I'll bet theres scrapes or will be soon. Even though he is most likely doing them at night but you will be able to catch him in early morning or evening freshening them. Good luck to you but if they are only rubs I wouldn't be the farm on them alone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.