Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 6 days until season and I get some disturbing news.......a buddy of mine who I let squirrel hunt on my land was complimenting me on how nice my stand was at a particular spot on my land....too bad I didn't have a stand put up there!!!! So if anyone knows someone who lives/hunts in southeastern Greene Co. Indiana and has put their treestand up on someone elses land I suggest you notify them immediatly because as of 5:00p.m. eastern time they will not longer have a stand. Happy Hunting everyone!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Jsut a suggestion. Replace it with a notice that it's been removed for tresspass, and can be collected at the local police station. Save everyone a lot of grief.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Or better yet why not just leave the stand there and sit in it on opening morning and see the surprised look on the guy as he comes walking in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Darn trespassers, looks like they left you a stand. I agree with the official sounding note, that way you minimize any retaliation. Keep an eye out for them and called the police when they come back.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Professur said:
Jsut a suggestion. Replace it with a notice that it's been removed for tresspass, and can be collected at the local police station. Save everyone a lot of grief.

I agree, rather not have a confrontation on opening day. Plus, if it's never recovered, I'm sure you'll be able to keep it. Just hope any stands you have up are lock. Sucks about trespassers. Is the stand located near your border by chance?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Its probably a gift to you. Take it and enjoy.:darkbeer:

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GR8RALLY said:
I agree, rather not have a confrontation on opening day. Plus, if it's never recovered, I'm sure you'll be able to keep it. Just hope any stands you have up are lock. Sucks about trespassers. Is the stand located near your border by chance?
That is the one thing that worries me about taking that stand is the fact that I have 7 ladder stands of my own in the woods that are not locked because my land is so remote. I have military base that borders my land on 2 sides, 1 of the other sides is secure but the other one is iffy. I never see any atv tracks leading to my land nor have I heard anyone while hunting coming from that border. I thought about taking the platform part of the stand with my and leaving a leg section there with a note similar to one that someone posted earlier. Very upsetting you know, you put 8 months of scouting and planting and cutting and to think of some outsider coming with a chance of taking down one of the big bucks that i know are there just makes me sick. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Better yet get the biggest damn chain & lock you can find and lock it to the tree now thats funny.Next stand i find on my property thats what Im doing might even lag bolt it to the tree too

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
WATERFOWLER said:
Better yet get the biggest damn chain & lock you can find and lock it to the tree now thats funny.Next stand i find on my property thats what Im doing might even lag bolt it to the tree too
OMG...That is enough to ruin your day...Can u imagine when the hunter sneaks into the woods with his light..Puts his scent lok on and ties his bow to the string....Then WTH!:tongue:

·
Registered
11,814 Posts
What we do when we find stands on our property if they are wooden we just chainsaw them into pieces. If they are store bought ones we take them to our house put them in the barn and leave a not on the tree telling them they put their stand on private property and if they want it back they can come to our house and get it. Just leave ur address if they want it that bad they will come with an excuse of why they put it there and take it back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quite the dilemma here. It's like you have a problem you didn't even ask for. You should be compensated for the trespass and a usable tree stand sounds fair to me.

Seriously though, unless you know who you are dealing with things have the potential to get out of hand at some point in the future if this is handled the wrong way. Get law enforcement involved in this, follow their advice. It's easy to figure out who owns a tract of land and you could become a target for payback, remember that this may not be a rational person here. Remember those hunters that were shot and killed in Michigan some years back when they confronted a trespasser?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Trasspassers, gota lovem. Have run into them a few times also...

Get your sorry butt out of my stand, your trasspassing!

HUH I didn't know that.
.Reeeeealy!!? You crossed a fence line which is against the law. And you had to climb over the "No Tresspass" sign to get into the stand your in. I'm giving you about 8 minutes to get off the property. I'm going to let some cattle into this section now. By the way watch out for Jr. he's a real mean 1500# bull. Have a nice day. :wink:
No arguements, no yelling or carying on. Just a real brisk walk/run as he made his way to the fence line.

"Remember those hunters that were shot and killed in Michigan some years back when they confronted a trespasser?" FWIW That happened in WI.

·
Registered
201 Posts
get ahold of your local dnr, a lot of times they will come out and sit in the stand opening morning for you. plus its a good way to meet your local dnr in case there is future problems.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I am thinking it would be fun to take a hacksaw and cut it up into 6 inch pieces and leave it at the base of the tree!! '94

·
Registered
402 Posts
WATERFOWLER said:
this has got too be the best and funniest idea

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
arkiep&yhunter said:
Dont quote that stuff!! .
Ouch.....geez, I hope you were kidding. Everybody hates trespassers, but I don't think anyone wishes serious bodily harm (unless they're trespassing inside your house with your family in there).

·
Registered
145 Posts
just tape a no trespassing sign on the stand or climb up the tree and unscrew all the steps besides the first 4 of them....and be waiting for him opening moring (bring something to defend your self ) u never who your dealing with out there ...i suggest shot gun with rock salt reloads...that will knock him down if he trys anything:darkbeer:

·
Registered
962 Posts
bigrackHack said:
Ouch.....geez, I hope you were kidding. Everybody hates trespassers, but I don't think anyone wishes serious bodily harm (unless they're trespassing inside your house with your family in there).
Of course I was. Actually, in Arkansas, I have been told by lawyers that there is a law against booby-trapping. If u rig something up to intentially hurt a trespasser or someone else... then u could do some time.

S

·
0 Posts
arkiep&yhunter said:
Better yet....loosen it up good where it will fall to the ground when sat in...Cant retaliate from a wheelchair.
This is in no way funny, cool, or anything else for that matter and I can't believe the Mods, have yet to edit it.

This trespassing could be an honest mistake and you want to physically injure or possible kill someone?

Edited because someone beat me to it. You really still should not be making comments like this

1 - 20 of 68 Posts