Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was actually helping my dad track a doe he shot, and I found this..not huge, but we all gotta start somewhere.lol

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,215 Posts
Great find! Surprised your seeing them this soon! :mg:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont think its from this year, its completely white on one side like its been out for a while..It wasnt bloody or anything, so its not fresh. I dont care thou, this is the first shed I've found while in the woods:)

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Sheds from last season would normally be all chewed up at this point. Other animals nibble on it for the calcium and other minerals and such. If it was last years I would be suprised.

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
Good find, now you have an excuse to be in the woods a few more months a year.
Thats what I like about bowhunting, you can find some related activity 12 months a year.
Or as some may call it, an excuse to be in the woods for the whole year.

marty

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sheds from last season would normally be all chewed up at this point. Other animals nibble on it for the calcium and other minerals and such. If it was last years I would be suprised.
Good find, now you have an excuse to be in the woods a few more months a year.
Thats what I like about bowhunting, you can find some related activity 12 months a year.
Or as some may call it, an excuse to be in the woods for the whole year.

marty

I'm not sure how old it is, its possible to be an early shed from beginning of december..not sure. I know I'm going to go back over there when the season ends and look for more:)

I know theres a few good bucks roaming the area, so I'd love to find one of there sheds:):)

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
I dont know about that, I found a set in early sept and they were not chewed at all. I guess it might depend on where they fell off.

marty

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont know about that, I found a set in early sept and they were not chewed at all. I guess it might depend on where they fell off.

marty

I know that way back when, my dad found a big shed that had been chewed on a bit before he found it, but not sure how long it was laying there.

This one looks like it could have been early in the season, since it was under grass that was standing at one point, but I guess had died and layed down

·
Do it in style!
2,237 Posts
Three nights ago I found a 4 on one side shed from last year. It was in a brush field, it was in super shape for being last years. Only a few marks on it. I've found fresh ones eat up more than this year old one.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

heres the other side of it, the side that was in the dirt.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts

marty
Yea I guess it depends where you are. I think the chipmunks and field mice go nuts on them here though. Anythings possible! I found a sasquach pod just the other day.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats funny now that you mention it, I have yet to see any squirrels or field mice in this area..hmm:confused:

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts

heres the other side of it, the side that was in the dirt.
The up side looks sun bleached to me, besides I still have 3 buck tags to fill.
I dont want to hear about ANY deer sheding until after 1-15, or they are filled. (I wish).

marty

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The up side looks sun bleached to me, besides I still have 3 buck tags to fill.
I dont want to hear about ANY deer sheding until after 1-15, or they are filled. (I wish).

marty

exactly..which is what leads me to believe it was early on this season, or it was last years. I mean, it was pretty well burried, just the very top of one of the tip was sticking out of the ground

·
Registered
368 Posts
Last years. Little early for big foot pods isn't it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts