Archery Talk Forum banner

Found the perfect Thermos for you coffee drinkers

1808 16
I finally found a quality camo thermos. Cabelas is selling a thermos that is a rebranded Thermos Nissan model. You can actually see the same model sold on their site by Thermos, just in silver.

It comes with a carry strap and a nice built in cup. The top is the kind you can twist open and pour with the stopper still in. It is rock solid, zero leaks.

I have used this now for the entire month and it keeps your coffee piping hot and is very easy to use in the stand. Since it is camo I just hang it on a hook on the tree. I have seen this thread a few times so hope this helps.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/home-cabin/kitchen-dining/travel-mugs-cups%7C/pc/104798880/c/104739480/sc/105954480/cabela-s-zonz-8482-vacuum-bottles/2254076.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ftravel-mugs-cups%2Fcabelas%2F_%2FN-1103360%2B1000002949%2FNe-1000002949%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_105954480%3FWTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNU

Water bottle Bottle Vacuum flask Drinkware Monocular
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,377 Posts

· Registered
642 Posts
I have the Nissan Thermos version when they used to sell them in camo years ago. Probably had it for 10 or 15 years. It is by far the best thermos I own. I have a Zojirushi 14 oz model for morning hunts and its quality as well but doesn't hold enough for an all day sub freezing sit nor keeps it as hot. I bought my dad a Zojirushi 32 oz model a couple years ago since there was no camo ones to be had and its pretty good but the Nissan still owns it.

The old old stanleys are quality, but the new ones are lacking compared to my Nissan (which i guess is considered old now).

If the new Nissans are as good as mine then you will have no issues. I preheat mine with hot tap water, brew coffee and add cream and sugar, reheat in microwave for a minute or too to get it back piping hot from the cold cream. I can have hot coffee 12 hours later.

· Registered
967 Posts

· Registered
813 Posts
I remember the old Nissan thermos I used to have. Great unit.

I don't have it anymore, and don't need a thermos very often. So, I have a thought... would a Hydro flask work very well with hot? It seems like we all have a handful of these $40 water bottles, and they'll keep ice in your drink for about a week, it seems. I just wonder if they'd do as well with hot liquids...

· 1 Corinthians 16:14
615 Posts
Big +one on the Zojirushi,got the 16 oz ,very compact and keeps very hot coffee, i bot the champaign but bot the black for my huntin buddy who I owed a favor....NO caps lids etc and fits right in your pack and like the above poster said very quiet.
I'll piggy back on the Zojirushi bandwagon. I have had the same thermos for 3 years and it's been through many gallons of coffee. I've dropped it countless times and often neglect to clean it everyday. It still works so well that one of the first things I do in the morning at work is leave the lid open for 30-40 minutes to let my coffee cool off. And it cleans up very well, even after it sits for a week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.