4443 Views 69 Replies 46 Participants Last post by  buckarcher
I was out last saturday on the second day of season
i found someones elses stand (on public ground) i sat in it all day saw nothing
as iwas walking out i saw a pile of apples sittin at 30yrds

WHAT SHOULD I DO??
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Feel very fortunate DNR didnt come along while you were in the stand? That is if baiting is illegal where you are. Dont think I would ever jump in some elses stand for just this reason, plus, ya know, its not mine.

· Registered
2,175 Posts
you mean after you sat there illegally hunting over bait all day - ask the lord to forgive you I guess. You ran the risk of being fined for it, doesn't matter if you put the stuff there or not (Uncle Ted had it happen - neighbor anyway) - hunt somewhere else I don't think anyone is going to tell you to be Duddly Do-Right - to each his own

· Registered
590 Posts
Turn yourself in right away! What were you thinking?

J/K... I hunt over bait all the time, it's not illegal because it's a corn field. Most people I know take sacks of feed to their treestands all summer long. I don't get why it is illegal anyhow? Big deal.

· Registered
242 Posts
I think that was a bad move on your part! Even if there was a pile of apples 30 yards away you don't have to screw around with someone else's set-up let alone hunt out of his stand! I think it's important to have respect for other hunters while in the field. There's plenty of land for all of us, we don't need to be doing this kind of *****!

· Registered
6,212 Posts
Public land is public land....including stands. I would never take a stand belonging to someone else, but if I found a stand....I sure as heck would hunt out of it if I wanted to and the guy wasn't there.

Simply put.....you can't put up 25 stands locking up an area to yourself. IT'S PUBLIC LAND! This is the exact reason why I think on public land, you should NOT be able to leave stands up overnight. Start everyday with a fresh slate.....first come, first serve.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
true true true so true
Public land is public land....including stands. I would never take a stand belonging to someone else, but if I found a stand....I sure as heck would hunt out of it if I wanted to and the guy wasn't there.

Simply put.....you can't put up 25 stands locking up an area to yourself. IT'S PUBLIC LAND! This is the exact reason why I think on public land, you should NOT be able to leave stands up overnight. Start everyday with a fresh slate.....first come, first serve.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.