Archery Talk Forum banner

261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
After getting injured right before a hunting trip, I had to run out and buy a light poundage bow. Right when I felt good enough to switch back to my primary bow, my buddy slipped, busted up his bow and shoulder and had to use the Mathews VXR I bought. We both were happy to be able to draw the lighter weight but hated the bow. It was a club. Five guys hunt at my camp with me and we all have backups, just nothing under 60lbs. So that inspired me to build the Gimp Bow. It’s a Creed XS from a past project that now wears UF cams. The bow pulls 50lbs nice and smooth with a nice little valley. I got it to where the DL is around 29” which is a little short for me but will suit all my buddies. Its easier to shoot a little shorter DL than too long. It is silent, dead in hand and spits an arrow nicely. I will dial in a sight tape for it and hopefully never have to use it. Oh, and unlike the VXR, this thing is light as a feather.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's two I just finished.

First is a pse decree ti with ft cams. Specs are:
31 3/8 ata
6" brace
29" (28.5" ft cams)
52lbs (24 deflection limbs)
Second is a pse decree hd with ic cams. Specs are:
34 7/8 ata
6 3/8" brace
29"
67lbs (31 deflection limbs)
446gr arrow at 298.
I have a set of 27 deflection limbs that I'll eventually put on the decree/ft

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Work in progress but I think it's going to work great. Maitland retribution with a set of UF cams. I had some breathn strings from a vendetta uf mod to start with. Ata is long obviously at 34" vs 33" and poundage was around 56# vs starting with 70# limbs. I'm going to shoot a bit as is but plan on shortening the harness down to get around 33 1/4" and bring poundage up. I'll get some specs when I get time. Came out at 32" draw so it should hustle an arrow!

IMG_20210222_225039_01.jpg

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Work in progress but I think it's going to work great. Maitland retribution with a set of UF cams. I had some breathn strings from a vendetta uf mod to start with. Ata is long obviously at 34" vs 33" and poundage was around 56# vs starting with 70# limbs. I'm going to shoot a bit as is but plan on shortening the harness down to get around 33 1/4" and bring poundage up. I'll get some specs when I get time. Came out at 32" draw so it should hustle an arrow!

View attachment 7367672
Glad to see someone tried this. I was looking to do very similar bow about a year ago. Had the riser and the cams but kind of lost interest before I came across a set of limbs. Keep us posted with your progress.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I was looking to do very similar bow about a year ago. Had the riser and the cams but kind of lost interest before I came across a set of limbs.
Does Barnsdale still make limbs to fit the Maitland risers?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Reincarnated Bowtech Old Glory with Elite 13" limbs and Airborne cams. Currently held together with Mathews axles and a Ben Pearson cable rod offset. Riser came off the auction site about a decade ago, most other parts off here.

39" ATA / 5.5" BH and runs the same module size as a 82nd. Next step sight, rest and an all important Dead End stop!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

261 - 272 of 272 Posts