Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK--this question is for all the Dr. Frankinsteins out there--I have a 38Ultra in 30" draw which has #4 vectors--what size Z3/and sprials would I need to have the same 30" draw. What cables/strings? And what would it do to the peak weight of the bow?

Any and all insight is a great help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go on Hoyt Website. Under the support section they should have all the information your looking for. If they dont give them a call on the number on there website and they should help you that way.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Just be advised that switching from one cam style to another you may lose #'s. I lost 15# when I swapped a Trykon XL out to a set of Z3 cams!!! A swap that almost wasn't worth it when I realized how much I lost. The rep as Hoyt didn't mention I'd loose a LOT of draw-weight. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's SMOOTH as silk, but just not exactly what I was expecting!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input--I called Hoyt and the customer service rep I got had no info and did not seem to really care to try and find someone that might just, "I don't have anything that would show me that", "What else can I do for you?"---I may try back and see if I get someone else.

·
<--- Finally!!
2,512 Posts
hoyt

Hoyt will not usually ( i never got it) give information on a bow that they do not currently produce, or make in their custom shop. That said, I use the Hoyt tune charts to find the right a-a length, brace height, draw length, etc. to come up with what I need.

For instance, on my Trykon that I converted to Vector cams, i used the Vectrix or Vulcan (can't remember which) for a-a, but i had to add an inch for the brace height being 7" instead of 6". I also had to shorten one of the cables by about a 1/4" to get the cam timing right.

They did tell me I would lose draw weight though, which I did. I got some of it back by installing higher rockers under the limbs so they are stressed a little more. I am not worried, 'cause they are Hoyt limbs. It is a smooth shooting bow now. You will just have to get close and then experiment with it.

Hpe this helps,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts