Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Fred Bear TRX and it came with a cable slide that had an STS device attached to it, I have not used it since a switched to the drop away rest, but want to use it again with all of this talk of an sts. The bear bow does not have a threaded insert insert for a vibe killer or an sts. is there any other way to hook up the dropaway so that it isn't attached to the cable slide or modify the side to use with the drop away? The drop away is an NAP Quicktune.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Yes, if your bow has a stabalizer hole in the front of it you can put an sts on it. You just need to get the front mount version and i am sure you bow has the stabalizer hole. You would be much better off with the real sts and not the one that came with the bow. You can tie in to the cable with the drop away and actually it is a better way to have your drop away set up. Having it attached to you cable slide usually does not allow for the rest to drop fast enough.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
its actually called the 'shock stopper' and it equates to a piece of trash.

the plastic will break, it will stress the cableguard and possibly break it too, in time.

im not a huge fan of the sts either, mainly because it was hyped as the answer to everything archery in the beginning.

does the actual sts work?, yeah it does. is it the answer to anything and everything wrong with a bow?, no.

it does help cut down string oscillation and other string related vibrations. in some cases where the bow is of a short brace height, it can minimize arm contact.

it doesnt make tuning issues magically disappear. thats part indian and part bow mechanic.

it doesnt fix form problems. thats on the indian

it doesnt fix accuracy problems, thats on the indian too.

it doesnt make you a 'one shot one kill every time every shot' kinda hunter and it doesnt make you a 'world champ every shot, every tourny' kinda target shooter.

some think its a miracle cure, others think of it as just 'ehh'. its up to you to figure that out.

since your bow doesnt have an accessory hole, the sts does have a front mounted version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts