Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a Fred Bear bow any sugestions or should i not even bother . it's for hunting and 3-D shooting .

·
Registered
642 Posts
sq 32, it has their new hybrid cams and for the money its hard to beat. I think this bow retails for around $550 but shoots just as good as the leading brands.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I had one, well still have it but it is just collecting dust.

it is an entry level bow. quality is entry level, handshock is bad. I would suggest buyign a used high end bow. It will cost you the same and you won't be looking for a new bow in a few weeks

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
If you are talking about a recurve then heck yes you should consider one :shade:
There are Bear Kodiacks on ebay all the time and they just dont lose value and they get HEAVY bidding pressure.
I went up to $700. last year on a limited model and it went well past there ;)

Compounds?...Heck No!
Fred was hands out of that since the kiddie corp. bought bear :angry:

(I would buy a Delta V if anyone has one though ;) )

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
My daughter has a Target Tamerlane 4 wheeler that still shoots very nicely. I had a Kodiak Magnum recurve that was very well made, quite fast for it's time, but hard to shoot due to the short length. Big variations in models and quality. You'd get better information if you were more specific about which models you were interested in. There were hundreds of different bows made with the Bear Logo; some very good, others not so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts