Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thanks for the link Willie. I signed up for it. We'll see what happens now, LOL. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
74,535 Posts
Thanks

Cant beat deal like that!

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Just a note guys . . . I have seen these ads before and usually what happens is that they automatically start mailing you issues after the trial period and billing you at a very high yearly rate, something outrageous like $40.00/year.

My wife did the same thing for me(trying to be nice . . . she is a sweetheart :)) and it took me 2 days of playing phone tag to get the bill and subscription cancelled. It was Field and Stream for like $45.00 a year. They had already billed me and sent the first issue, and threatened to send me to a collection agency if I didn't pay. Luckily I knew a good lawyer. ;)
Just a heads up.

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
did you notice how they have nothing listed about price...by law they are sending it free of charge..if they send a billing you are not obligated to pay it...how can they turn you into collections when they never quoted a price.......also-buck masters tried to send me a letter to scare me into paying for a 5year membership after i told their phone people i was interested...i called them and said blow me...and statedd that the letter said i was being sent to collections (all a scam to intemidate the stupid)

mikie

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
It said you wouldn't be billed and it had been paid for in full by the sponsors. Also it said the MAILING address would only be used to sent the magizines, it didn't say anything about he e-mail address which was a required field. It's probably a new way of trolling for a valid e-mail address.

I signed up, I just use a alternate e-mail account for things like this.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys don't use your good email adress for stuff like this do you? I've got a private (clean) email adress just for friends and a JUNK box for stuff like this.

The JUNK box gets all the spam and viruses...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts