Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well,

The spring hunt is just around the corner! Now is the time to give the FOBs a test drive.

Just like last year StarrFlight will be giving away a free pack of FOBs for the first 3 Bears and 3 Turkeys taken with FOBs.

For those that are on the fence about the product, I will be glad to go over your set up BEFORE you buy to assure to the best of my ability you are good to go.

Best of luck to all on the hunt no matter what is on the back of your arrows :thumbs_up

Here are few videos to get the juices flowing!

Note: M1 said after traveling his nock set moved up but still controlled the Guillotine

For those in blinds....Mo problem using FOBs.

· Banned
2,992 Posts
Aww.. the southerners have an unfair advantage!!! Their season starts so early! On second thought, you didn't mention anything about taking the turkeys in season. . .

Actually Paul, I wanted to check and see if I could get 2 or 3 FOBs to try. I'd gladly pay for them + s/h. My buddies and I have never used them, but we want to give it a try. Nobody we know around here uses them, and we're trying to avoid buying a whole pack if it isn't our thing. Can you offer any "trial" size packs for sale? I'm shooting Easton Flatlines--I think the standards will fit that, right?

· Archers Helping Archers
2,094 Posts
You got it Paul!
Sounds good... :thumbs_up

Turkey season opens April 20th here in Ohio.

Hey by the way... what fix blade broadheads are you guys shooting with FOB's threw the netting of ground blinds?

I was thinking about the G5 Montec / Magnus Snuffer SS style type of broadhead.

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The trial pack is a great idea. I would like to purchase a few for FMJ's, if they are as good as you say they are I sure I would be buying more.:darkbeer:
Sorry, we do not offer trail packs. However, for $20 bucks you will get all the customer service as needed. Also, if you do not like them, they sell like hot cakes in the classifieds.

You got it Paul!
Sounds good... :thumbs_up

Turkey season opens April 20th here in Ohio.

Hey by the way... what fix blade broadheads are you guys shooting with FOB's threw the netting of ground blinds?

I was thinking about the G5 Montec / Magnus Snuffer SS style type of broadhead.
Hey Brian,

Any blade 1 inch or larger should work great.

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why give away fobs to people that already have them? instead of someone new
As thanks for using the product.

Each year I have give away contests such as the Christmas Give away for folks that have not tried them. This year 15 packs were shipped on AT alone not including other forums or promotions. There is a limit to how much free stuff I can give away.

In addition free stuff is a strange thing. Most folks perceive no value in something they got for free. If they pay for something, they expect it to work as advertised and will call or email with problems. When I do send out free stuff, I usually never hear back. So I have to assume free stuff does not do much good, but I will most certainly continue the Christmas give aways and such.

As far as FOB users.....Yes, I provide free stuff such as in this thread as well as any You Tube video using FOBs.

Regards,

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im on the fence. hoyt katera 28" 63 pounds. QAD ultra rest and gold tip expedition arrows. would it work good?
Ha...Got a bite:wink:

Yikes! What happened to GT web site! They use to have all the specs, oh well. I found what I needed on Cabela's site.

Your GT arrows will work great with the standard FOB.

QAD;

The QAD can be tricky to set up (but works great with FOBs!). Using the TL1 forks with the short forks (reduced V) instead of the long forks for maximum drop is a must. The TL1 launcher was included with your rest but not installed when you purchased the rest.

Here is a write up on the QAD rest

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=565117&highlight=fob+starrflight

One last question....Do you use a string loop?

Regards,

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
does it have to be on video????? i got a few pegged down for the 21st....
Not at all!

Just a field photo would be great.

The You Tube videos are on on going campaign and separate. Any You Tube video (hunting or just fun shooting with FOBs) gets a free pack of FOBs.

Great news! Just hit Ebay and got 17 FOBs for $12. Maybe I'll get back in on this competition after all
Ha! Congrats. Be sure and let me know if you have ANY questions/problems. I am here to help no matter where you purchased them.

Regards,

· Registered
1,466 Posts
Not at all!

Just a field photo would be great.

The You Tube videos are on on going campaign and separate. Any You Tube video (hunting or just fun shooting with FOBs) gets a free pack of FOBs.
hey so if i get it on vid and 1st turkey i get 2 tubes :D :darkbeer: :darkbeer: :darkbeer:

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

· Archers Helping Archers
2,094 Posts
In addition free stuff is a strange thing. Most folks perceive no value in something they got for free. If they pay for something, they expect it to work as advertised and will call or email with problems. When I do send out free stuff, I usually never hear back. So I have to assume free stuff does not do much good, but I will most certainly continue the Christmas give aways and such.

As far as FOB users.....Yes, I provide free stuff such as in this thread as well as any You Tube video using FOBs.

Regards,
Yeah, I've kind of noticed the same thing when I've given out free FOB's to other archers.

Hey Paul,
Dose this YouTube video count?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVGHAEfRAQ

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I've kind of noticed the same thing when I've given out free FOB's to other archers.

Hey Paul,
Dose this YouTube video count?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVGHAEfRAQ
Yep...All you have to do is add a few "tags" so folks can find it. (FOB fletching, StarrFlight, archery, bowhunting):thumbs_up

i do you use a string loop. I have the other fork and if i do get fobs i was not aware that i needed to change it.

thanks
You are golden to be shooting FOB laser beams! And you will get as much customer service (if needed) to assure your satisfaction. I hope you give the FOBs a test drive!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.