Archery Talk Forum banner

frickin proshop

1356 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  merc200
gonna have to vent. Went to a proshop here and had them put a new string on my bow, they also put string leeches on the cables. I was at a different proshop shootign thsi evening and the owner noticed that the leech on the up cable was goin a quarter of the way up my top cam, they also did not set my draw stop correct. i know i know i should have checked everything out but for the cash i shelled out it seems as though they would have checked it themselves.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,696 Posts
I know after I change the strings and cables, I watch everything really closely after I draw it back a couple of times. Did you shoot it or pull it back while you where there? Mistakes happen, but there is no excuse for having someone walk out the door without noticing that.

· Registered
3,023 Posts
gonna have to vent. Went to a proshop here and had them put a new string on my bow, they also put string leeches on the cables. I was at a different proshop shootign thsi evening and the owner noticed that the leech on the up cable was goin a quarter of the way up my top cam, they also did not set my draw stop correct. i know i know i should have checked everything out but for the cash i shelled out it seems as though they would have checked it themselves.
...no doubt what you've experienced is not good...and I agree the person who did the work "should have" known enough to get the bow into shooting condition before he said it was "done"...

...however, if you as the customer did not at least look over the bow and shoot it a few times while "at" the shop, that is an issue as well...

...we ALWAYS ask a customer to be sure to have "time" to shoot their bows in our lanes when they pick them up so that we all can be sure the bow is "right" before they take off out the door...

...we do our very best to be sure everything is done properly "before" the customer picks up their units, but every now and then we encounter something minor that we can fix once the customer shoots their bow after a repair...

...sorry for your problem with your local shop...

...by the way, what kind of cash did you shell out for this job, which by the way was NOT PROfessional...

· Registered
147 Posts
that sucks. oversight, maybe? don't care it's just business,possibly? it is getting more ,and more common with alot of businesses not paying attention to details. pay attention to my stuff first,and i will pay attention to you. it's called a payment! for promised goods or services promised:thumbs_up

· Registered
2,172 Posts
...no doubt what you've experienced is not good...and I agree the person who did the work "should have" known enough to get the bow into shooting condition before he said it was "done"...

...however, if you as the customer did not at least look over the bow and shoot it a few times while "at" the shop, that is an issue as well...

...we ALWAYS ask a customer to be sure to have "time" to shoot their bows in our lanes when they pick them up so that we all can be sure the bow is "right" before they take off out the door...

...we do our very best to be sure everything is done properly "before" the customer picks up their units, but every now and then we encounter something minor that we can fix once the customer shoots their bow after a repair...

+1 on this
If the shop dosen't suggest you shoot the bow before heading out the door,you should ask if you can, just to make sure everything is good,and there should be no hesitation on there part to allow you to do this.We always shoot every bow we set up,put strings on or do repair work on,then ask the customer to shoot it before leaving.
Take the bow back and show them what the issues are and they should make everything good with you.
We are only human and prone to slip up now and again.Give them the chance to make it right.

· Registered
1,432 Posts
If you quit going to archery shops because of one bad experience,youwill eventually have nowhere to go.Its how they handle your problem that tells how good they are.I will bet crackers-mike-scotty will tell you that they have had to reset something or adjust something else every now and then.Mistakes happen .Take it back and see how your dealer handles it.If he doesnt correct the problem with an apology, then go somewhere else.

· Registered
569 Posts
If you quit going to archery shops because of one bad experience,youwill eventually have nowhere to go.Its how they handle your problem that tells how good they are.I will bet crackers-mike-scotty will tell you that they have had to reset something or adjust something else every now and then.Mistakes happen .Take it back and see how your dealer handles it.If he doesnt correct the problem with an apology, then go somewhere else.
I will second that. They are human and make mistakes like the rest of us. Although if this is a trend with this shop go with the quote.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.