Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for a new set of rain gear for hunting season. I was only considering Gore-tex (Cabelas MTO-50 or Rain Suede) until I saw a favorable comment about Frogg Toggs on this forum. Frogg Toggs are made from a waterproof, breathable fabric that does not contain Gore-tex and are about half the price of Gore-tex. Anyone else out there have any experience with them?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I looked at some at a local shop. Tried them on and realized that I personally could not bow hunt in them. The material on the arms was to big. I would recommend trying some on to see if you could shoot with them on. Other than that, they looked really nice.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
The stuff works well and keeps you dry. 2 concerns I'd have however: 1) I don't believe its the quietest waterproof material, and 2) while durable enough for walking a field course or standing on a shooting line, I don't think I'd trust the pants to hold up doing any hard terrain walking (material is thin and therefore the seams are more than a little suspect and the material can tear more readily - at least that's been my experience with some older Toggs I got). Like I said, I love mine for outdoor target shooting (big sleeves easily remedied with an armguard or duct tape) but I don't think I'd use it for hunting.

Just my opinion however............:)

>>--------->

·
Registered
1 Posts
been happy with mine. I agree that the material is a little thin harsh terrain, but it is the as close to cool (lightweight) rainwear as I've found.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have two sets that I keep in my fishing boat. Best set of raingear (for the money and breatheability), but sounds like a set of garbage bags rustiling in a heavy wind when you make a move!

While I do recommend this rain gear for general sporting use, I would NOT use it for Hunting. It will also tear pretty easily when wet - that's why I have two sets!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts