Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for a new set of rain gear for hunting season. I was only considering Gore-tex (Cabelas MTO-50 or Rain Suede) until I saw a favorable comment about Frogg Toggs on this forum. Frogg Toggs are made from a waterproof, breathable fabric that does not contain Gore-tex and are about half the price of Gore-tex. Anyone else out there have any experience with them?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just bought my first pair this year...I patiently waited until they finally made them in camo. They are light and repel the rain perfectly. But the most important thing is I don't sweat at all when wearing them...unlike my $6.00 rainsuit from walmart. :)

I bought mine from Cabelas for $99.00 plus tax. A well made investment.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
They work well. I used a pair for fishing bass tournaments last year. Mine got a little torn up, but running at 70 miles an hour will rip up alot of things. ;) I had to get a heavier suit(Bass Pro 100mph series), but I would imagine as long as you aren't fishing big bass tourneys, you'd be fine with them. They are nice and light and easy to pack.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
If they get torn up fishing, what's going to happen when you walk past a blackberry bush? Or worse yet, multiflora rose?

·
Registered
6 Posts
They work great. I use mine all the time for fishing in Florida, they are prone to ripping though. But they will keep you dry all day and you will not be hot at all

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm coming out of lurking (finally) to answer this one... LOL!

Being new to spending time outdoors when the weather's inclement, I thought my SO was crazy for spending the $ on the MTO-50 rainwear. I just shook my head.

It only took one spring trip on the boat to fish perch to convince me.

I had my set next day aired from Cabela's. I LOVE it. :)

Don't have any experience with Frogg Toggs but a friend of ours had some... he said they were OK, nothing spectacular. He ended up getting rid of those and got something else - not the MTO-50, however... he thinks the price is ridiculous.

All I know is I have to be warm and dry to enjoy myself outdoors... so it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I looked at them at Bass Pro the other day. They seemed like they would be too noisy to wear hunting. I think I'll buy a pair next spring for fishing though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts