Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually don't post my thoughts or concerns on AT, especially when it is a Bow vs. Bow thread.... But I'm torn... I want a Elite E35 in a bad way... but I feel my second choice, PSE Dominator 3D would be better from purely a target standpoint.... State your case... Help me out. I know the E35 is probably still too soon to call... but from what I've heard,(and not just from the Levi Morgan video) It holds like a Dream. Yes I've held it, drawn it, and it felt awesome. But haven't had a chance to put either bow through their paces to make my own call...

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
i'm a real fan of the shoot through bows....providing they also have a shoot through rig on them...some are purchased without this feature and it completely cancels the advantages of the shoot through riser design and obstinates the original intent of a shoot through bow.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have shot both. Each is a fine product. The pse is a dedicated target bow. you could use it for hunting but its not what it was designed for. The riser on the pse is stiffer so you feel more vibration, but that's a good thing. The speeds are very comparable, within 5-10 fps. The elite is a hunting bow first, then target. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I like to shoot rings and I like to compete, I like to win, you can not do that with some average setup....look at my signature ;)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Limb stops or hybrids and cable stops- that's what it comes down to. Hybrids will win out
Explain this to me. Is it because cable stops force you to hold true to your form by keeping pressure against the wall or what?

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I like the E35 and have all intentions of it preforming very well in ASA. The dominator is a fine bow, but its way different than the elite. You need to shoot both and see what feel you like. Both bows will shoot very well, but you need to decide.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
AT isn't the place is ask about it either, with all the hate towards elite and the 2 track....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the E35 and have all intentions of it preforming very well in ASA. The dominator is a fine bow, but its way different than the elite. You need to shoot both and see what feel you like. Both bows will shoot very well, but you need to decide.
This is what bothers me... I've had a Pulse, and a Evo7, I liked the pulse better, but shot the Evo better.... But I made changes to DL and form and became a better archer with the evo also... 7"bh vs 6" on the pulse.... etc.... I'm just torn... but shooting them side by side without "Real track time" The E35 wins hands down.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i'm a real fan of the shoot through bows....providing they also have a shoot through rig on them...some are purchased without this feature and it completely cancels the advantages of the shoot through riser design and obstinates the original intent of a shoot through bow.
Couldn't agree more... Which points to an OK Archery Dst or Absolute.

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
Purely target

Dominator 3D hands down. No questions ask. This isn't even a debate.

Better cam system
Better limbs
Better riser
Better specs

Your comparing a long hunting bow to an actual target bow.

And I HATE pse with a passion

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
I don't agree with this statement. There are a lot of benefits to a shoot thru riser even without a 3 track shoot thru cam

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Is Levi Morgan really going to be shooting the Energy 35 for 3D competition? I thought those pictures were just advertisements for what he is using to hunt. I know it is supposed to be a multi-purpose bow, and it is getting enviable reviews, but it's a 35" ATA hunting bow. I mean look at the limb angles. If you really want an Elite target bow, look at the Tour. Otherwise, the PSE Dominator is the real target bow between the two, in my personal opinion.

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
Cable stops give you a firm wall, but one with a touch of give, just a touch. When you settle into the shot and start pulling through there is a touch of give to allow for expansion; limb stops do not give this, they hit and stop, no give. Then throw in the better holding weight on the hybrids(this case pse), and the tuning window, you get a better target platform. Having a yoke to tune top end lean is also a benefit in feel and other tuning methods- take what you want from this site, but group tuning will best serve you in target shooting

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,520 Posts
As stated, one is a pure target bow and the other is not. That doesn't necessarily mean you'll shoot the PSE better than the Elite though. You need to find what fits you best.

For me this is easy because I'm not a fan of 2-tracks or Elite in particular whereas I do like what PSE is doing lately. But that's just me and I can't answer the question for you. The E35 is getting lots of positive feedback from the Elite boys.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Purely target

Dominator 3D hands down. No questions ask. This isn't even a debate.

Better cam system
Better limbs
Better riser
Better specs

Your comparing a long hunting bow to an actual target bow.
I agree, well said.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts