Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with my mathews bows my grip is on the dotted line. Shooting good, no problems. But with the hoyt Invicta very shaky pin, left/right misses. Putting the grip on the long line bow is more against the thumb muscle, much steadier hold, better results. Can clearly feel the bow against the thumb muscle. Didn't try it with Mathews yet. My question is, should the bow be against that thumb muscle or right beside it? Been learning this stuff on my on three plus years... btw Knuckles more upright when bow is on that thumb muscle...馃
Arm Human body Gesture Finger Thumb

Registered
Nope. The solid line is too weak. You want to be on the "flattest" part of the hand against the flat of the grip, so as not to torque the bow, which is more or less along the dotted line, but slightly outside that. Each bow may have a slightly different "combination" to unlock your best scores/groups.

Back Yard Champion
Front hand? How about bow hand? I prefer a netural grip, always have before and after the artificial wrist thumb joint. My hand is something else. Bow hand thumb sits back twice that of my right thumb.
All my bows preform great. I also have a bow that has one of the thinnest riser grips. It's only .600" thick and the bow shoots great.

Hand Sleeve Finger Gesture Waist

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, bow hand.. always amazed me when people bash Mathews grip, I've been getting along great with it. This (narrow) hoyt grip is giving me difficulties.. 馃檮 had rx3 before, liked the grip but same thing, arrows all over the place..... Maybe I need to stick with mathews.

Back Yard Champion
Ok, bow hand.. always amazed me when people bash Mathews grip, I've been getting along great with it. This (narrow) hoyt grip is giving me difficulties.. 馃檮 had rx3 before, liked the grip but same thing, arrows all over the place..... Maybe I need to stick with mathews.
Here I am. I don't care for the big wood Mathews grips, not that I can't shoot well with them.

Seems with the narrower riser grips people tend to not get their hand into the grip. They seem to float to a higher grip and a higher grip is not noted for being good. For me the bow gets to wobbling or not wanting to settle.
More like TNMAN has, flat of the riser grip flat to the palm of the hand.

Think, not sure, Terry Wunderle gives getting heal of the hand into the riser grip....something like heal the grip...or words to that effect.

Registered
Ok, bow hand.. always amazed me when people bash Mathews grip, I've been getting along great with it. This (narrow) hoyt grip is giving me difficulties.. had rx3 before, liked the grip but same thing, arrows all over the place..... Maybe I need to stick with mathews.
I like the Mathews Engage grip much better than the Hoyt!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts