Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could litterly set up a blind on the edge of my yard and get a shot. Odd times. I have lived here for 7 years and never had deer this close to my house. Looks to me like they going to be pretty decent deer.

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
Hopefully they stick around for you once they shed that velvet.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Iv lived at my house 12years ,this summer and last summer is the only time iv seen fawns in yard, walked within 4 feet of one last week while it drank water from my Dogs bowl.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
I have them on a regular basis. We truly enjoy that. I can bowhunt my property but the wife has put a "safe zone" aound the house. Anything within 60 yds is "safe". I havn't shot Does in years & young Bucks get a pass too. It has to be pretty big to get me going after 63 years of bowhuntong (I started in 1956) Heres a few. Bucks are seldom seen until late Oct into Nov.. Oh, And they ALL love birdseed.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have them on a regular basis. We truly enjoy that. I can bowhunt my property but the wife has put a "safe zone" aound the house. Anything within 60 yds is "safe". I havn't shot Does in years & young Bucks get a pass too. It has to be pretty big to get me going after 63 years of bowhuntong (I started in 1956) Heres a few. Bucks are seldom seen until late Oct into Nov.. Oh, And they ALL love birdseed.
Dang, that last buck is a hog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
That last buck was for sure getting an arrow sent his way IF he got close enough. I had a Doe 15 yds to my right & another buck walk under 20 yds past me toward this big boy. He was like 80 yds away at this point. The smaller buck decides to "challenge" this big boy. He gets pretty close & decides "not" a good idea. The Doe is watching & he turns & starts walking toward her. I think, he's coming right to her. Well, I am ranging & snappin pics with my point & shoot. He gets 65 yds (my last range) & the Doe figures he's close enough & she heads for the timber 40 yds from her. He follows & never got any closer Never saw him again. I was in my stand about 80 yds from the house. The "legal" zone set by the wife...

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a pic from tonight. Not in my front yard but 40 yards down the tree line from my ladder stand. Them brows.

IMG_1063.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts