Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick rundown on the test results for the Black Swan Carbon-Curve...

BOW: 62 inch carbon recurve... 60" physical length when strung. 51# @ 28" AMO/56# @ 30" AMO. Using Velcro buttons on shelf and side plate (I LOVE those things! They are tough as nails, slick... and most importantly, SILENT!).

STRING: Standard Rod Jenkins 12-strand padded loop D-97 w, full set of 4 "spider" silencers (like BW uses), standard serving... brass nock.

CHRONO: Shooting Chrony/MASTERS series/BETA model, with new 9V battery.

CONDITIONS: Shot over the course of 3 days, 2 cloudy, 1 bright sun (used sun-shields only on bright day). Weather was cool, (63-74 degrees, over the 3 days) humidity was 60-90%.

SHOTS: All shots were 3-under, using a Wells LaMont deerskin workglove (with almost 16 months of shooting through it... beginning to wear a hole in the index finger... I'm retiring this glove after the season). Shots were loosed 36" behind the rear trap. All speeds are from 10-shot averages.

Arrows were scribed and marked at the appropriate 26.25" (for 28" AMO standard) and 28.25" (for 30" AMO standard). Shelf was marked with "whiteout" across shelf and sideplate, directly in line with deepest part of the grip... for an accurate and consistent draw... for AMO reading.

AT 28 INCHES
(51# draw AMO)

* 461 grain arrow (with 3 5" helical feathers)... 9.0392 gr/lb...

197.5 fps

* 520 grain arrow (with 3 5" helical feathers)... 10.1960 gr/lb...

187.7 fps

AT 30 INCH
(56# draw AMO)

* 504 grain arrow (with 3 5" helical feathers)... 9 gr/lb...

208 fps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She is smooth, sweet, STABLE and quiet. And weighing in at 18-20oz. (depending on draw weight), nothing about the Carbon-Curve will slow a man down in the field.

As Always;

Sackett

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
My turn with it now Sackett :wink:

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell you what Hollywood... you pay the shipping to-n-fro... I'll send her to ya for a couple of weeks!

Sackett

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I'll pay to send you mine, you pay to send me yours and then we do the same to send the others back. By the way, I'll send you mine this weekend. Keep it until you're sick of it. LOL

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the rush of what's keepin' me busy these days, I had honestly forgotten about your offer of sharing time with that sweetstyk!:mg:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts