Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Good, but only until you have a problem....

I have ordered several times from FS and never had a problem, until today...

They had posted a certain product at a sale price. Apparently someone there regreted it, someone called and left a message saying the price was rised and if I still wanted it. Next day I called and questioned why the price was still on the site. Afetr a long wait the representative said the price was right but it'd take several months to get the product... Then I proposed a change to a similar prodct and requested a price match ($9 less) with Lancaster. After a few hours the representative caled back and said couldn't do it. At the same breath she said another item was also missing in inventory.

I found the service person unapologetic and she really didn't seem to care about my growing frustration. I finally decided to cancel an order of aprox. $725.00 in total. I guess they must be doing really well in this economy and business common sense does not apply to them.

I have read some bad comments about FS in the past and never paid attention to it since nothing ever went wrong for me, but I guess when an issue arises you can expect a very poor and unprofessional response.

My conclusion: Buy FS at your own risk!:thumbs_do

· Registered
2,175 Posts
I have also had an issue with them - I used them quite a bit (there prices are cheap - for sure) and I ordered a Bohning Cresting kit - the piece a crap rubber chuck was out of round and I called and told them to send me another with return postage and I'd return it after I received the new one - needless to say the 15 year old sent a return label and no chuck - whatever (they had my credit card info - like I was going to steal the stupid chuck). I don't need any hassles when ordering supplies and hold grudges for ever (my nature I guess) they will never see another dime from me, even if I have to spend more money to others.
Some people it is just not worth the time to deal with - I have a really good one going right now with a ground blind form an old man who returns emails so slow (and forgets about you) every few days. Pretty easy to figure out who that is huh. I can buy it from the manufacturer for the same price - I mean come on. Life is too long dealing with stupid.
No offense to the old man (I like the guy)

· Registered
38,292 Posts
I've had reasonably good luck with FS and some good service and I still plan on purchasing from them in future, but:

They have a small warehouse, so some items are drop shipped from the distributor and can't be returned to FS, which can b a pain. And, **after** I've confirmed an internet purchase I get an automatic email saying shipping will or may cost more--um, why wasn't that warning placed **before** I made the purchase??

· Registered
83 Posts
Small is not an excuse to poor service

Being small is not an excuse for poor business practices. Great prices are also not excuses for poor service either!

I am tired of letting big or small co's droping the ball fbecause of those excuses.

One dissatisfied client can turn away 5 potential clients!

I left a message to be contacted by a manager at FS, if they don't call me and correct the bad taste they've left in my mouth, I, like RRaming I will never do business with them and will take every chance to sway people away from doing businees with them.

· Registered
38,292 Posts
I will never do business with them and will take every chance to sway people away from doing businees with them.
It is one thing to be dissatisfied and share your opinion, it is another to start a vendetta, especially since, by your own admission, you have had good service from them in the past. I think you are over-reacting more than a little to an issue over price and availability.

· Registered
83 Posts
Sorry Warbow

I am sorry but you totally took my sentence out of context:

1) You took out the part where I mentioned I wanted them to call me back to clarify things before I decided to do the same thing as RRaming

2) This site is a blog to vent out things too. Vendetta? Maybe, but I was trying to make a point about bad service and alerting people about probable bad service from a vendor. Are you a moderator of this site?

For the Record: Jeff from FS just called me and we cleared up things. He apologised and told me that the $9 matching was no problem. To me it was more than just the $9, it was the principle that Jeff got and Warbow didn't!

Oh one last thing Warbow: I just enrolled you in my ignore list.

· Registered
38,292 Posts
Oh one last thing Warbow: I just enrolled you in my ignore list.
Good for you. --Opps, I guess you'll never know that.

I'm glad you were able to mention your issue here on the forum. Information, accurate information, is a good thing to spread. Business should be held to account for their actions, as should customers. I just happened to think you seemed a tad petty and vindictive in your threat.

So, did I ignore supposedly conditional part of your threat? Yes I did. Your post seemed a bit over the top to me and very reactionary, regardless of the "conditional" part, all over $9 and in spite of your earlier good experience.

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sometimes I wonder that myself haha. But I've always shot wooden arrows, and it keeps me in the "wood" class at 3-D shoots, so I don't have to shoot against guys with perfectly tuned carbons and all that. Not that it helps much haha

· One crazy Mutant ;)
9,084 Posts
I'm going to hold off on the Woodies for the moment, no gear here to do any assembling of woodies but soon enough I will.

I did though buy some 150gr. screw in Magnus Snuffers, & 145gr. Saunders bullet points for my aluminums that I have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.