Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to see FS DISC. Arrows still in biz.I miss Bowhunters Whorehouse.I just placed a $600.00 order with FS.If anybody knew what they were doing there it would have been more like $800.Is customer service for archery gear a thing of the past.Somebody on this board needs to go down there and get a pro shop mgr job.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
IMHO you can't beat Lancaster archery for service and help. They outshine FS any day of the week. And they don't rip you off with shipping charges.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I can't speak for all the store in my area but Aweful service is a running joke. At a store that is now closed I used to warn my students that they were going to be treated like **** and to just laugh it off and sure enough they were practically abused. At another store my students waited to hours then had to get his arrows refletched twice cause they screwed up and this is after he had to wait while they got in new arrows cause they cut his ones too short. It is ridiculous how bad service can be.

But I have gone to both Lancaster and FS and both have been pretty good. And the people are nice

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Being an educated consumer is always a good idea. I'm shocked by what I hear folks at shops tell people. I guess I shouldn't be since the shops want to make money.

Take the guy at one of the local shops that sold a kid X10s with tungsten points that were so over spined that they had to be left 3 inches too long to get a reasonable spine match. Never mind the fact that this kid has never shot a FITA over 1100.

I've had the experience with FS that the sales droid was irritated with me that I wanted to ask questions about the product and that I didn't have the catalog number for the items that I wanted.

They had the best price, including shipping, so I went with them anyway.

I have found that Lancaster sales folk generally know what they are talking about, but again, being educated is still the best bet.

Bowhunters Warehouse was really hit or miss. I had a few orders that were great and others that I decided not to complete as I talked on the phone.

·
Registered
801 Posts
F/S...hmmmm

Well my experiences with these guys has been somewhat lacking in the area of "customer service".
They over charge for shipping then slip other charges into the mix to make the cost of things even higher. By the time you pay the outrageous charges you could have bought it from Lancaster and had it sent two day UPS cheaper.
Look at your invoice from F/S and see if there is a "Bow shipping charge" that used to be a nice extra fee from them whether you ordered a bow or not.
Not to mention on the front cover of their catalog it says "98% of orders shipped within 24 hours". How come I WAS ALWAYS in the other 2 percent.
F/S is only a few hours drive away from me, but I can order from Lancaster and get it as quick or quicker than I can from F/S.
They lost my business over a year ago, and several of my friends also. If you like to order from them, more power to ya, but I am here to tell you there are better places.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I stopped buy at FS years ago. I think Lancaster and Eders are the best and Keystone is coming up a close third. I have actually been to Lancaster also and the place and the people there are great! Wish we had a Lancaster in every state but then archery would have to be as popular as golf.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I've had lots of trouble with fs over the years.. wrong items
shipped, delays in shipping, hard to talk to about sending
items back, arrows fletched wrong.. and wrong length.

Out of all the years I've dealt with lancaster,had great customer
service.. they seem to be much more knowledgable about
target archery also.
They did send me a pack of 4 inch vanes instead of 3inch
one time.. called them.. they said just to keep the 4 inch
and no charge for the 3 inch.. 3 days later, I had the vanes.
Now , that keeps customers coming back..Lancaster all the
way....FS is not even in the same class....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with many here. It seems that everytime I order something from FS, something is not right. I live in Ca. and would rather buy elsewhere. There service is lacking and I get items faster from Cabelas than from FS.

·
Registered
236 Posts
www.archeryhq.com

This is where I do my shopping....Id rather go the Archery Headquarters and pay 5 bucks more for an item and get good service and respect than save a few bucks and get blown off. These guys have a great shop with flat screen TVs and all the latest bowhunting videos showing, nothing but good stuff for sale, great range with Video Darts, plus they treat you right.

*Note, their prices are the same as everyone elses, I just used that as an anology.

·
Registered
539 Posts
LAS

I agree with most others about Lancaster Archery. I am also spoiled since I live about 15 minutes away from them. I hate going there to shoot,always seems like I walk out with way more than I went in for.:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
LAS

Wow, I had no idea so many people liked Lancaster Archery. Like Brew, I only live 15 minutes away so I am also spoiled. The one thing I like about LAS that I havn't found in other stores...it's ARCHERY and ARCHERY ONLY! Anytime you walk in, there are about 6 or 8 knowledgable guys who are only there to help you with your archery needs. They're not distracted by selling other non-archery items. If I ever move away from here, I will always drive back to do business with LAS. Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts