Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just bought a full body harness with the climber system by gorilla and i thought it came with a quick connect feature for the tether to the tree strap but it doesn't. does anyone know if it would be ok if i got a tree strap with a loop on it, to connect the tether to it with a caribena?? (sp.) the folks at Gorilla say not to, but i don't see how it wouldn't work?? any thoughts???

·
Registered
445 Posts
I bought one a week ago (mail order) and found it doesn't come with one as illustrated in the catalog. I'd like to find a source to get a rope/strap to wrap around the tree when I climb, then a carabiner to connect to the harness. Mine has a strap with a buckle, and is useless to use when ascending/descending with a climber.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
seat of the pants

Buy one of their full body harness', they come with the slip knot type sliding attachment system that is very easy to use and safe. I haven't found another that is as comfortable and adjustable as these.
Summit stands come with these systems, just another reason to get a Summit.

Jon

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have two of the belts that have come with summit stands. I just took one out of the bag that it came in yesterday. I put it on, but it seemed like it might be hard to fool with. Does yours have that funny looking metal bracket that hooks in the 6 link hitch? If I could completely figure one of them out, I would probably use on of these.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
YES, that setup is very easy to use.

The metal bracket with the loops on the side hooks directly to the black rope that slides up and down on the long black rope. The black rope that has a loop on one end and a knot on the other goes around the tree, you put the knotted end thru the loop and slide the (sliding)knot past the loop toward the large knot at the end. Hook the harness strap metal gizmo to the sliding knot and you are done. You can climb the tree with this hooked up, just slide the rope up the tree as you climb.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to explain!

Jon

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ordered the safety rope attachment for the tree from Summit tonight. The Gorilla full body harness is good, just the belt for the tree is a pain to use.
I did buy a Summit stand, but I got it used and the origional owner forgot to throw in the free full body harness. At least I got the video with it. Lots of good information there. It's the Bushmaster stand, and it's very easy to climb with. and very stable. After watching the video I thought the full body harness would be a good idea, so to save a few bucks I ordered the Gorilla brand. With the cost of the safety rope I'll have about the same cost as if I'd ordered the Summit ( Seat o the Pants) in the first place. Well, it's going to be Summit next time!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the info. johnnybow. I'll practice with it a couple times before taking to the woods.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I bought a full body harness from Cabellas that had the harness attached to a reversable camo/orange vest. You put it on like you would a jacket snapped the front closed then tightened the leg straps. Worked real well, never got tangled or nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts