Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make a mark at bottom on green ring [hha] above level just a bit and use a paperclip to slide up to the the top of 17 inches or whatever size game you are hunting. your shortest yardage will be top mark and longest being closest to the bottom mark you made from the beginning.you dont have to draw bowstring to do this,just extend bow out with bow arm in full draw position.worked for me hope it works for you.The use of a 3-d target or deer decoy helps with this also.this will work on other sights also but if frame is black use liquid paper or white tape.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think he means, set up a decoy/ target to use as a model. Then at various ranges mark the side if your sight with the hieght of the models body. You can then bend a paper clip to match the marks ( so it looks like stair steps ) and attach that to the sight body.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
use the paperclip as a moveable tool to make your marks. i decided to go from top to bottom with top line being the base line for deers back and 3 more marks below. 20,30 and 40 yds some say 17 in and some say 18 in deer body . this is not a laser rangefinder but it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts