Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
I don't know, but i would like to get off work early and do some research. Also will set the alarm to get up and witness what is likely a once in a lifetime event.

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,729 Posts
Yeah, I believe all the deer with high powered telescopes or access to planetariums will have their eyes focused to the sky to help them determine what time to have lunch....

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Yeah, I believe all the deer with high powered telescopes or access to planetariums will have their eyes focused to the sky to help them determine what time to have lunch....
lol

·
XX78 User
4,975 Posts
I think it will affect them like a normal full moon but that is all.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The eclipse is not effecting the gravitational pull on the earth like the rise, set, straight up and down positions assosciated with the major and minor feeding periods. Therefore, no effect.

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,729 Posts
The eclipse is not effecting the gravitational pull on the earth like the rise, set, straight up and down positions assosciated with the major and minor feeding periods. Therefore, no effect.
You might want to research that gravity theory and feeding. Only unbound forms of water are affected by the moons gravitational pull, which by the way, is EXTREMELY weak.

Here's a couple of my favorite examples about the force of the moons gravity and earthly realities.

A mother holding her child "will exert 12 million times as much tidal force on her child as the moon" (Kelly et al., 1996: 25). Astronomer George O. Abell claims that a mosquito would exert more gravitational pull on your arm than the moon would (Abell 1979).

·
Registered
562 Posts
I AGAIN spoke with 2 farmers today (different that the last ones), they didn't see an eagle with a serpent in it's claws but rather a Horned Owl swooped in and missed a rabbit and became entangled in a barbed wire fence. The strange part is that they live almost 2 miles apart, yet reported to have seen the same thing. It's going to effect something thats for sure! Sorry I couldn't be of more help on how it will affect deer movement. My current tactic for that lately is to just stay home and follow the threads here.

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,729 Posts
I AGAIN spoke with 2 farmers today (different that the last ones), they didn't see an eagle with a serpent in it's claws but rather a Horned Owl swooped in and missed a rabbit and became entangled in a barbed wire fence. The strange part is that they live almost 2 miles apart, yet reported to have seen the same thing. It's going to effect something thats for sure! Sorry I couldn't be of more help on how it will affect deer movement. My current tactic for that lately is to just stay home and follow the threads here.

Hunting conditions were favorable for owls and the planets and all the moons in the universe had nothing to do with it....

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,729 Posts
A mother holding her child "will exert 12 million times as much tidal force on her child as the moon" (Kelly et al., 1996: 25). Astronomer George O. Abell claims that a mosquito would exert more gravitational pull on your arm than the moon would (Abell 1979).

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well, the farmers said that too, I just couldn't remember it all and was afraid to misquote them.

·
Registered
477 Posts
So exactly how is the moons gravity making animals feed, or not?
I believe the deer chose to have lunch at precisely 1:42 PM EST. The ones with the telescopes anyway. The other deer with access to the planetarium are reportedly still there in varying degrees of consciousness, getting stoned and listening to Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon'. I believe they will wrap things up following Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven'. People are being asked to NOT feed the deer, despite their incessant cries for 'munchies'.

More at eleven ...

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,729 Posts
I believe the deer chose to have lunch at precisely 1:42 PM EST. The ones with the telescopes anyway. The other deer with access to the planetarium are reportedly still there in varying degrees of consciousness, getting stoned and listening to Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon'. I believe they will wrap things up following Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven'. People are being asked to NOT feed the deer, despite their incessant cries for 'munchies'.

More at eleven ...

Lol.....

Thank You!

Finally an answer, instead of just speculation and mumbo jumbo:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts