Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I shoot the Axis. FMG should be a great hunting arrow, pricey and heavy but a good hunting arrow.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I dont have the #'s in front of me but there on the heavy side for arrows of like spine.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've been shooting them since the spring and have really liked them. My 400s weigh 9.9g/inch for a total hunting arrow weight of 420ish with 100 grain head. They fletch nicely and pull real easy from 3Ds and fly extremely well. You will forsure notice more penetration in your practice targets, which should carry over to animals. I have noticed a sight bit of bend on some of the practice arrows now. I will be watching that carefully. I cannot wait to see what they do to a deer - should pack a devestating (?sp) punch. Bart

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've been shooting them the past few months and really like them. I'll be taking them to Africa with me next year. I like them cause they are a little heavier (11.1 gr./in) with a thin diameter. I topped them off with shuttle t-locks and have been extremely pleased.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I'm using them this year and have found through several months of practice they are an extremely accurate arrow. Mine are 28" in 340 spine and with a 100 gr tip weigh 459 grains which is 54 grains heavier than the same length arrow in ACC that I used last year. I hope to find out just how well they work on Sept 30th tipped with a 100 gr Silver Flame.

TEXAS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts