Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking for a compound bow for my wife to use for various kinds of target shooting, i.e., she's undecided.

She has a ~28" draw length, but 40# would be too much for her to draw through. She needs more like a 30-35# peak draw weight.

Do any bows besides Hoyt go down this far?

Scott

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Did she try a 40lb bow? If you don't mind try getting a soft cam or wheel type bow. It'll be easier to draw back at the same weight than a hard cam.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Try the PSE line up. I'd suggest the Nova, Stingray, or Supra. All excellent bows and will fit her just fine. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She can barely get to 35# at full draw with her recurve (shoots 22#). If you equate it to some other strength, like upright rows or curls, then having her draw through 40# would be like me trying to draw through 110#. She has arthritis; it just woiuldn't be healthy for her.

She's a great shot with a rifle (NRA distinguished expert), pistol, and is doing really well with the recurve. The thought is that she would be better able to enjoy archery if she had the benefit of 65-75% letoff and a release aid to hold at full draw.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts