Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two bucks I want to to mount, and I wanna have one face left and one face to the right having a hard time finding pictures of examples of what exact form to get! Please attach some photos , I saw 2 pictures on here of Ohio taxidermy series 800 but I don’t know any other specifics about the mount think there r some options with that, anyways that looked good!

· Registered
3,148 Posts
The only options are dimensions that your taxidermist will spec out when he orders. You need to first talk to your taxidermist and find out what full sneak forms he likes to work with. Or better put, what company he prefers to deal with. But frankly, all full sneak forms look basically the same. The difference comes from the quality of the taxidermy work.

· GO HAWKS!
1,156 Posts
I’ve got multiple mounts from Ohio taxidermy supply, coombs, mkenzie and Joe meder. I’ve got 2 full sneak Joe meder forms. If you full sneak I think that’s the best one. Gives you a lot of shoulder compared to other forms

· GO HAWKS!
1,156 Posts
Reactions: 3 Blade Rage

· Vendor
28,416 Posts
I got two bucks I want to to mount, and I wanna have one face left and one face to the right having a hard time finding pictures of examples of what exact form to get! Please attach some photos , I saw 2 pictures on here of Ohio taxidermy series 800 but I don’t know any other specifics about the mount think there r some options with that, anyways that looked good!
I have about 10 mounted deer. My least favorite was a buck with the head down and hide all bristled eyes somewhat budged, ears laid back, ready to fight. That happens to be my least favorite mount. JMOYMMV

· Registered
Mathews Triax
366 Posts
My favorite mount is my modified semi sneak with head tilted down to throw the rack up. He cut the head off the semi sneak and modified it to throw the bucks head down some and it came out perfect.
Head Elk Natural material Wood Deer

· Registered
22 Posts
Check out joe Coombs forms. They look really good imo. I have a tough time deciding as well but the form brands are sorta whatever your taxidermist uses. Mine uses joe Coombs and I went to his shop and looked at some of his work and poses to determine. Pictures online help some but better to see the mount in person.

· Pay It Forward
27,185 Posts

Ohio Taxidermy 800 series. By far my favorite form. I never cared for the normal ole full sneaks. Thy nailed it with that form though. Puts some life into it.
This form with the ears FORWARD really brings the entire mount to life.....I don't own one, but have several semi-sneak's with ears forward....makes a HUGE difference in my HUMBLE opinion. My next will be a customzied meder 861 with chin lifted about 3" and ears forward. Saw one at the last show I attended and it was likely the most realistic I've ever seen

1 - 20 of 25 Posts