Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
This is the first time I've heard "smooth" used in a Full Throttle post LOL.

Dos the roller overextend and smack the guard bracket? I've been thinking about swapping mine sounds like it will be a benefit.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you ever shot a FT. Most people have not and are not aware that it has a very smooth draw. the valley is not there so you have to hold and develop perfect form. The new flex guard that is on the evolve can rotate almost 360 degrees so there is no smack on the bracket or anywhere else.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looks good real,i have the FRS cable guard/roller upgrade coming for my inertia,i hope the roller wont chew up my new JBK string/cables when I put them on,cant wait to try it.did you notice any difference in speed/accuracy,i heard it helps with left/right accuracy as well as being smoother.hope I don't have to buy the new Xpedite,looks awful good.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Have you ever shot a FT. Most people have not and are not aware that it has a very smooth draw. the valley is not there so you have to hold and develop perfect form. The new flex guard that is on the evolve can rotate almost 360 degrees so there is no smack on the bracket or anywhere else.
Yes i have shot one...extensively. I still own it but I've swapped the cams to different ones. Of course it was a 70# throttle which I'm sure accounts for the rougher draw.

I don't think you are understanding my question...the cable guard (roller slide) moves along the guard towards the end when the bow is drawn and back to the brace position during the shot.
What I'm asking is that since you have gone from a slide to a roller; and since the amount of friction has been reduced; and since your pic shows less than a 1/4" between the front of the roller glide and the rubber O ring bumper that's on the face of the rotating part of the cable guard mounting bracket...are you getting contact at that point??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry did not know what you were stating. The o ring you are talking about it never contacts that part of the glide although it is close. i would assume that is what they put that rubber o ring on the assembly for in case it did it would provide a non metal to metal contact. I made several adjustment to it before finally shooting and i feel it is in the perfect position. My throttle is 70lbs and the draw is smooth as butter. Everyday that i don't get to shoot it i set down with it in my house with a arrow nocked to practice holding it back for as long as i can.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I gather there was no change in draw weight?

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Sorry did not know what you were stating. The o ring you are talking about it never contacts that part of the glide although it is close. i would assume that is what they put that rubber o ring on the assembly for in case it did it would provide a non metal to metal contact. I made several adjustment to it before finally shooting and i feel it is in the perfect position. My throttle is 70lbs and the draw is smooth as butter. Everyday that i don't get to shoot it i set down with it in my house with a arrow nocked to practice holding it back for as long as i can.
No worries my original question wasn't very clear! I'm with ya I think even if it did contact the rubber o-ring that it wouldn't be a big deal and I like the FRS better than the flex guard.
Thanks for the post you helped me decide to convert mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts