Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So......I felt kinda bummed today, so as a confidence boost, I went to Wal-Mart to walk around, and people watch, feel better about myself...
And I ran into a fellow AT member working the sporting goods section. I remember he offered me 1/2 of my asking price on an item I had listed months ago here on the classifieds section....
So, without him knowing who I was, I had him go through a few shot guns, showing interest like I would buy one from him(I Own a Baretta Extrema II), like he did with me, take his time up, like he did me, get him to sell me on the biggest badest of his selection, and say "okay! I think this is the one". But I will only pay half of sticker price.
He got upset, said why waste his time, have him go over things with me, and bother him, then low ball him, and make a rediculous offer on an item he has listed?!?!
I Just smiled, said isnt that what you did to me on Archery Talk?
Just thought It was funny. People like to low ball way too low, and expect us to sell it to them at HALF of what we are asking, and not get offended.
Just played the other role today, and laughed!
Wish LOWBALLERS on here would be more realistic, and not play dumb. We've all seen threads complaining about this, and today I got to play around and leave wally world not only feeling better, but laughing my arse off as I walked out of there!
ENJOY THE WEEKEND GUYS!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
That is kinda funny

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
So......I felt kinda bummed today, so as a confidence boost, I went to Wal-Mart to walk around, and people watch, feel better about myself...
And I ran into a fellow AT member working the sporting goods section. I remember he offered me 1/2 of my asking price on an item I had listed months ago here on the classifieds section....
So, without him knowing who I was, I had him go through a few shot guns, showing interest like I would buy one from him(I Own a Baretta Extrema II), like he did with me, take his time up, like he did me, get him to sell me on the biggest badest of his selection, and say "okay! I think this is the one". But I will only pay half of sticker price.
He got upset, said why waste his time, have him go over things with me, and bother him, then low ball him, and make a rediculous offer on an item he has listed?!?!
Just thought It was funny. People like to low ball way too low, and expect us to sell it to them at HALF of what we are asking, and not get offended.
Wish LOWBALLERS on here would be more realistic, and not play dumb. We've all seen threads complaining about this, and today I got to play around and leave wally world not only feeling better, but laughing my arse off as I walked out of there!
ENJOY THE WEEKEND GUYS!
So that makes you 'that guy'.

·
Registered
530 Posts
ENJOY THE WEEKEND GUYS!
My momma always said two wrongs don't make a right.

·
Enjoying Archery
1,185 Posts
That is good medicine for those lowballers. It isn't so funny to them when the shoe is on the other foot. Maybe they should think about that before they insult a seller by making such a low offer. Good for you Curley!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
thats pretty ****ty you would go to a guys place of employment and do that

over a freaking pm

its not like he owed you money or anything

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats pretty ****ty you would go to a guys place of employment and do that

over a freaking pm

its not like he owed you money or anything
I didn't go there for that reason. I was there to walk around. I didn't even know the guy worked there or anything. But I've seem him at local shoots. Just thought it was funny.
Wasn't to make a point. But at that instant it was worth a laugh.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure that is even close to being equal considering you were at a retail store. If anything you probably look dumber. And what wrong with trying to get a deal when someone is selling something? If you don't want to sell for what they offer just say no.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
9 times out of 10, when I "lowball" as you call it, I get it for that price. The customer is always right, especially when the ecomomy is bad and people find it difficult to sell things.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
It's not like he's working on commission at wally world. He could care less if you bought it or not:confused: He's probably got even greater satisfaction now, knowing his offer got in your head that bad. But at least it was cheap therapy for you:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Why does everyone ***** about low ball offers? A simple "no thanks" seems to work for me when someone offers to low of a price. I also agree that messin with someone at work is a low blow.:(

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,530 Posts
Get some therapy before you start shooting places up. Wow, very disturbing story in my opinion. You need to learn to let things go.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
ENJOY THE WEEKEND GUYS!
...........Seems like a mature, reasonable,.sensible thing to do...It sounds like Your "almost" sane..How's therapy going for 'Ya??..This fella must have really got to You....Remind Me to never low-ball 'Ya on a classifieds ad....L.O.L......Harperman

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I think it's funny. I kind of just laugh at the lowballers. But it's the people who do yard sale bargaining or think we are in Tijuana with the classifieds, offering $4 paypal for a $5 dollar item. In the end everybody does that. It's amazing how our thinking changes when we go from buyer to seller and vice versa.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I drove a few hours out of my way today to sell a 4 wheeler at an already agreed on price. Get there and he offered me $1000 less than agreed on. Loaded it back up and went home.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts