Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I had some fun today. She got a new cannon SLR camera for Christmas and has been having fun with it. I suggested she take pics of me shooting. We tried like the dickens to catch a photo of the arrow as it was flying from the bow. I counted 3,2,1 on every draw and we tried and tried. She had her Canon on rapid fire sports setting and we just couldn't seem to get it just right. I don't believe her camera has a fast enough shutter even if she had timed it right. But after all that effort I couldn't resist posting a few pics here. Nothing fancy. Nothing spectacular. Just some full draw pics. Enjoy.

followthrough.JPG
fulldraw.JPG
fulldraw2.JPG

·
Registered
661 Posts
nice pics looks like you were having fun!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Have you tried slowing the shutter speed? It would make anything moving blurry... But you may catch the path of the arrow. If you have a lighted nock it could look pretty sweet IMO.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Man are you lucky,....You can shoot your bow in the middle of town....in the middle of the street........with the COPS parked right behind you.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is my "ARCHERY IS JUST LIKE SEX" picture. Now if thats not a sex face I don't know what is lol....:tongue: If you look close I just released when the shutter clicked. The arrow "just" started on it's way.
release.JPG

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man are you lucky,....You can shoot your bow in the middle of town....in the middle of the street........with the COPS parked right behind you.
He's a cool neighbor. His aunt is my boss. I live in a small town. As long as I am not doing anything too stupid like discharging a firearm, no one cares. I have even shot from across the street in the middle of the day. There is hardly any cars drive down that street. Just got to look both ways lol.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Awsome...love the pics, thanks for sharing.

We went to the beach today......:cool2:

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
Just came inside from shooting a few, first time since early November.....:archer:

We haven't got any snow though......:becky:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
looks like will be shooting 3D's in the snow in the AM!!! coming down pretty good.
Great pics. looks like you guys had a great time !!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts