Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
besides punching paper or shooting 3D targets what are some fun and unusual ways to practice while still improving your accuracy

right now i have been trying to shoot ping pong balls hanging in front of my target

·
Registered
890 Posts
I picked up some dart board paper targets from Lancaster I think. I guess its still punching paper but it is a little more fun. Get some buddies together and play archery darts.

W

·
0 Posts
I picked up some dart board paper targets from Lancaster I think. I guess its still punching paper but it is a little more fun. Get some buddies together and play archery darts.
that has to be a blast... genius...you should probably put a patent and just make your own target like that. something like block fusion. with the dart board painted on or whatever they do to get their targets on... can't believe i've never thought of that.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Life Savers candy, plastic screw on soda bottle caps, stick a busted arrow in the target vertically, and shoot for the nock, Necko Wafers candy (if You can find them?) taped with clear tape along the bottom edge to the target, and if all else fails, set up a wall made of heavy plywood, at an angle, and try some bank shots??...Harperman

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
When we were getting our kids into archery we would hang balloons of all sizes on target and shoot them. We still do this. also play pony like you do in basketball at different angles and distances.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
We use to hang the little plastic piece that locks your soda cap on, kinda like shooting threw a lifesaver

·
Registered
556 Posts
Bought a gross of orange ping pong balls. Floating them off a hair dryer (air only) with a tube attached just incase of a low shot. Plastic bottles hanging from the ceiling but just aim for the neck/cap and watch it drop or shoot the body to anchor it and then shot the neck and see the cap fly.

Swinging plastic bottle in back and hang a empty roll of teflon tape ring in front and shoot thru the ring and hit bottle. I did it one night and my son topped me off the next night with a robinhood

I've read fill balloons with *********** and shot them. It will get messy in the house.

·
Registered
233 Posts
We colour the tops of golf tees with a black marker and jam them into the white target.
:wink:

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
I like shooting light rifle targets for a .22.

Its fun to shoot one really good and show it to the real serious .22 shooters in our area....gets a little fired up!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
football

I saw Kentarms and his wife play football with his youth program one year. I was impressed with that. You might want to ask him to post the rules etc. For those of you ASA shooters that is Vinny and Joan.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'll hang ping pong balls and have someone swing it and try to pin it to the target. After you pin it to the target try cutting the string with an arrow.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I like shooting light rifle targets for a .22.

Its fun to shoot one really good and show it to the real serious .22 shooters in our area....gets a little fired up!
Are U kidding? That sounds pretty cool. Is it safe? No damage to arrows?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
toilet paper roll

take a full thing of tp and put it on its side. See who can stack the most arrows in the center of the roll from 30 yards.

Doug

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Are U kidding? That sounds pretty cool. Is it safe? No damage to arrows?
Well they are the indoor paper targets.

One is a bullseye target the other are the NRA Silhoette (sp) targets scaled down for shooting indoor on paper as well.

Shot at 50ft.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts