Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe Trippi is a co-worker of mine with the New York State Department of Corrections. Joe has been making the transition from being a gun hunter to bow hunter over the past several years. Joe also participated in his first archery league this past winter.

Joe and his family needs our help. Back on July 16, he was boating with family and friends. A football was tossed by a group of boys on shore that landed near the anchored boat, and Joe dove from off the boat to retrieve it for the boys. Unfortunately, Joe did not know that there was a sandbar and struck his head and suffered a severe spinal cord injury that has left Joe unable to use his legs and his arms being very weak.

A fund raiser to help Joe and his family remodel his Fredonia, NY home is being held on Sunday October 5. The Bebefit for Joe Trippi is being held at the Northern Chautauqua Conservation Club at the foot of Mullet St in Dunkirk, NY. Cost is $10 per individual and includes entertainment by 5 bands, 50/50 drawing, dunk tank, bake sale, a huge Chinese Auction Raffle with prizes ranging from furniture items to a trip to Toronto for 4 including tickets for a Blue Jay's game and more. Food will be available for a nominal fees, including beer, soft drinks, pizza, burgers and hot dogs. The benefit begins at 12 noon and will run till every one goes home.

· Registered
548 Posts
Donation

I am also disabled and like Tax Lawyer said, "It sucks!" but life has to go on. It makes it a lot easier, though, when you have friends like Lerie who stand by you. My hat is off to you, Paul, for doing so.

Let me know where to send a donation. Our prayers are with him and his family.

BTW, are you looking for items for the auction/raffle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.